R~ Rosier, Evan Rosier

(Not my usual AU– this takes place at the trial from the Goblet of Fire. Barty is 19)

~Barty~

"We are here for the judgement and arrest of Igor Karkaroff, a Bulgarian death eater who is today on trial for his assistance in the torture of numerous Muggles, and opponents of He Who Shall Not Be Named..."

I glared at the man on trial. Despite not wanting the Dark Lord to lose any more followers to the Ministry, I longed for Father to deny his right to speak his case. He, that useless excuse for a dark wizard, was one of the only death eaters still around that knew about my involvement in the torture of the Longbottoms.

Bellatrix, the physco, and her husband Rodolphus were arrested for the assault five months ago. I had been pardoned due to some bullshit technicalities my father brought up on my behalf. Something about me having mental issues. It was a lousy attempt to save me but it somehow worked.

Now, I sat in the jury, behind Dumbledore and Alastor Moody, a grumpy and odd looking auror. They whispered occasionally, but I tried not to pry into their conversation, instead focusing on the trial itself.

"I've been framed!" Igor yelled up at father. His voice sounded desperate but unconvincing. I pityed the man, he clearly needed better acting skills.

"There was a Rosier... Evan Rosier."

I tensed, digging the pads of my fingers into my knees. I glared at Igor with hatred.

'This futile man.' I thought. 'How dare he use Evan to save himself like that. How fucking dare he!? That excuse of a human being. I swear if I ever get anywhere near him, I will fucking rip his throat out wi–'

"Mr Rosier is dead." A heard my father say as he flicked through Evan's file. I couldn't believe how unbothered he was by what he was saying. He had been acquaintances with Evan for eight years, but he had not a single look of mourning on his face.

"Took a piece of me with him though." Moody muttered to Dumbledore, pointing his wand to his missing eye.

I stood, clenching my fists to stop myself from destroying the other side of his face. I must admit, Evan did an excellent job disfiguring the Auror's face, he always was rather good at duelling.

I side-stepped my way out of my pew. I needed to get some air.

"If you have no other informationto give we shall continue with the sentencing." Father stated, handing Evan's file to one of his assistants.

"WAIT- I've heard of one more." Igor spoke up. I stared at him, slowly moving towards the door.

"What's the name?" Father replied, sounding bored.

"I know for a fact that this person took part in the capture and torture of Auror Frank Longbottom and his wife, by means of the Cruciatus curse!" Igor yelled, seemingly pleased with himself.

"Give me the wretched name!" Father roared, his voice booming through the room.

I moved further down the steps. I was so close to Igor, I could've killed him then and there, ripped his throat out, or snapped his neck–

"BARTY CROUCH!" the death eater yelled. All eyes went to my father. Maybe I could run, sneak out while their focus was on him.

"junior."

'Shit'

Word count: 556
Sorry for such a short chapter, I rlly didn't know how to write this.