I~ I love you

It was a beautiful sunny Saturday at hogwarts. Barty and Evan had decided to go on a date to Hogsmeade, just the two of them. They hadn't been dating too long, but so far, they had never had a date by themselves. Either somebody always tagged along, like Pandora, or they were having a double date with Regulus and James, or Dorcas and Marlene.

They got up at the crack of dawn and got themselves ready. Then they rushed down to the grand hall for breakfast. Barty took longer to eat his breakfast, so he had taken less time getting ready. This meant that his hair was messy and his shirt and tie half done up. Once Evan had finished his breakfast– toast and jam– He  began to fix Barty's hair, brushing it with his fingers. Barty, with his mouth full of cereal, gazed up at him, pink blush tinting his cheeks.

Soon, sprinting down the path to Hogsmeade, trying their hardest to get there unseen by their friends. Once they arrived, their sprints slowed to a comfortable pace. As they walked, their hands brushed off each other, making both boys blush lightly.

They started off their date by heading to Honeydukes, gathering a selection of sweets and goodies. They then decided to make their way to the three broomsticks.

As they walked through the ice and snow, they chatted excitedly about everything and anything, making the most of their time together. They came to a slippery part of the path, so they decided to hold hands so they wouldn't fall.

Of course, being the idiots they were, they both took turns slipping over the ice. Barty was the first to fall, catching onto the wall to save himself. As he did this, he let go of Evan's hand, who then also fell in the snow beside Barty.

Barty started laughing. "You really can't stand for yourself without me, can you?" He said as he brought himself to his feet and held out his hand for Evan to take.

"Oh, very funny." Evan snapped, though gratefully taking Barty's hand. He struggled to get a grip on the floor as everywhere he stepped, there was ice. He eventually gained stability, and they returned on their journey to The Three broomsticks.

They ordered their drinks and chose a table close to the fire to keep themselves warm.

"We got in just in time, huh?" Evan commented, gesturing towards the newly formed crowd gathering by the entrance.

"Mmh." Barty agreed, taking a sip of his butter beer. "The one time I'm thankful to have gotten up early."

Evan chuckled. Barty hated getting up early, meaning he usually had to hit him  with a pillow in the mornings.

Once they finished their drinks, both boys gathered their things and began to head back to the castle. As they walked through the short stretch of forestry, Barty pulled Evan behind a tree. He kissed him softly, receiving a gasp of surprise from his boyfriend. After a few seconds, Evan kissed back passionately. Barty smiled into the kiss before placing his knee between Evan's legs. Suddenly Evan broke away from the kiss and laughed.

"What?" Barty asked, confusion and worry painted across his face. Had he done something wrong? Had he messed up already?

"Nice try, Darling." He chuckled, cupping Barty's chin with his hand. He gave him a quick peck on the nose. "C'mon, it'll be dark by the time we get back."

He grabbed Barty's hand and dragged him along.

The second they walked into the slytherin common room, they were bombarded with questions from Regulus and Dorcas as to where they had been all day. They brushed past them, heading towards there dorm room.

They began to change into their pjamas, both boys taking turns to use the bathroom. Evan intended to go back downstairs, while Barty decided on an early night. Evan stood by the door as he waited for Barty to be ready. The brunette soon emerged from the bathroom and skipped over to Evan.

"Night Evan." He said, leaning forward for a kiss. Evan complied. He then turned for the door.

"Night, Barty. I love you." He said sweetly.

"I- What did you just say?" Barty squeaked, his voice high pitched.

"What? I said I– Oh.. " Evan mumbled, it finally dawning on him what he said.
His face grew bright red with embarrassment.

"I love you too, Rosie." Barty announced loudly, kneeling up on his bed.

"Really?" Evan asked. It was the first time he's heard Barty use that word. Ever.

"Of course I do. I love you so much. I'd love you even more if you'd go downstairs now, so you'll be back sooner. Now scram!"

As Evan walked down the stairs, he Squealed excitedly. Little to his knowledge, Barty did the exact same thing when he was left alone in the dorm. He twirled around and jumped onto his bed, hugging his pillow tightly.

This was the first time they had ever said "I love you" before, but it definitely wasn't the last.

Word count: 845