C~ Christmas

[Christmas special– Merry Christmas to you all!]

It was a bright but chilly morning. The school was nearly deserted, apart from the staff and the handful of students who remained. Evan Rosier and Barty Crouch Jnr were two of the few students who didn't return home for the Christmas holidays.

The two woke up early on Christmas morning, jumping around the dorm room that they had to themselves. Regulus had been forced to return home and spend the holidays with his family, so they had all the freedom in the world for the next few weeks.

Evan was the first to wake up. He, out of the three of them, looked forward to Christmas the most. It was probably because his family actually celebrated.
He clambered out of bed and jumped on top of his boyfriend's bed.

"B!" Evan whispered into Barty's ear. "Barty, wake up!" He whispered louder, nudging the sleeping boy.

Barty groaned. "What in Merlin's name is it?"

"It's Christmas! Get up for the presents."
Evan said, sliding out of the bed to get dressed.

"Uhh, in a minuuute~" Barty mumbled into his pillow. He wasn't much of a morning person. In return for this, he received a daily beating with a pillow. This morning was no exception. He finally got up after being pelted with the pillow from his lover's bed. He remained in his pjamas while Evan simply threw a t-shirt on over his head to cover his bare chest. He never usually wore pjama tops, he usually just wore the pants.

They stomped down the stairs and straight to the Christmas tree. There were only four small presents for Barty underneath, whereas Evan had received a medium-sized pile of them. Evan picked out four presents from his pile and decided he would open the rest later. He wanted to open the same amount of presents as his boyfriend so that it was fair.

Barty opened his presents first. He got a knitted jumper and a card from his mother, a book from Regulus, and an assortment of little knick knacks from Pandora and Dorcas, who usually bought Barty presents together. He seemed unbothered with what he got and plopped them in a messy heap beside him. He kept the card from his mother in his hand, clutching it dearly.

Evan opened his next. He got new robes from his parents, a handcrafted picture frame ,with pictures of his friends in it, from Pandora, a book of poetry from Regulus and finally, a handful of gillyweed from Dorcas that came with a note saying 'have fun.'

Evan snorted. 'What a dirty sod.' He thought as he hid the gillyweed and note behind his back so Barty wouldn't see and get any ideas. As he placed the gifts aside, Evan's eyes met Barty's.

"I got you a present too."  He said sheepishly, holding out a small rectangular box for Barty to take.

Barty reached his hand out and slowly took the box. He opened it slightly faster, though still at a slow enough pace to cause suspense. He finally opened it and found a beautiful necklace inside, with writing on it.

"Rose..." Barty said softly, tracing the beads with his finger as he read them. He had a small, heartwarming smile on his face that made Evan feel as though he may melt. "I love it."

"R-Really?" Evan asked. He was genuinely surprised and touched when Barty immediately put it on. He then stood up and placed a gentle kiss on Evan's forehead.

"I got you a present too." Barty said, enthusiasm slipping into his tone now that he was more fully awake. He rushed out of the room and up the stairs to their dorm.

Minutes passed, and part of Evan wondered if Barty had hit himself with the door and was currently laying on the ground with a concussion.... again. His worry diminished when his boyfriend reentered wearing a new outfit.

Barty wore a full black outfit– jeans and a shirt that was so far open he might as well just wear it as a jacket. It showed off his "Rosie" tattoo, which was just below his collarbone, perfectly. He was wrapped in a red ribbon, which connected to a red bow he wore on his head. Along with this, he wore a dorky smile and pink cheeks.

"Ta-da!" He said proudly, spreading his arms out wide at his sides to show the entire outfit. Evan chuckled.

"You're such a dork." He laughed, leaning back on the couch. Barty skipped over and flopped down beside him, throwing an arm around his shoulder.

"But I'm your dork." He whispered into the crook of Evan's neck.

"Oh Merlin– don't get cheesy...... but yes, you are, I suppose."

Barty smiled at this. Evan rested his head on top of Barty's own head. They sat by the fire for a brief moment, unbothered by the comings and goings of other students.

Barty slapped his hand on his thigh before getting up suddenly.

"Right, let's go for breakfast. I'm starving!" He said excitedly, already rushing towards the door.

"Alright, I'm coming."

Word count: 850