V~Valentines day

"This potion, in particular, is incredibly dangerous if over used and should only be taken in small amounts....–"

Evan didn't know how much longer he could take of this class. It wasn't any fun anymore now that Regulus had been moved up and Barty had chosen to skip the class altogether. He felt like he was going fall asleep. Sensing that Professor Slughorn wouldn't be finished rambling anytime soon, Evan raises his hand.

"Sir, may I be excused to go to the restroom?" He asked, adopting the manner he spoke in around adults. It was something that had been drilled into him as a child. His parents told him it was polite, he thought it made him sound Shakespearian.

Slughorn turned from the board, his face twisted into a jolly smile. "Come now, Mr Rosier, You know there is no such need for that way of speaking infront of me." He chuckled, as if what he had said was actually funny. "As for the bathroom, go ahead, my Dear boy."

Evan nodded appreciatively and rushed out of the classroom before anyone could stop him. He headed to the Quidditch stadium t the far side of the grounds. As he walked, he loosened his tie around his neck. 'God, it was so tight.' He thought to himself.

Once he arrived at the entrance, there was no one to be seen. He walked in further, unbuttoning the cuffs of his shirt as he did so. There's was a sudden rustling above him.

"Evie, Evie, Evie, skipping class are we? You should be ashamed of yourself." The culprit tutted, leaning against the wooden support beams.

Evan rolled his eyes. "Yeah, you're one to talk."

Barty smiled, jumping off the beam and landing on the ground with a thump. He walked over to Evan and planted a kiss on his lips. He smelled of light liquor, a smell Evan was familiar with.

"Really?" He said, placing his hands firmly on his hips. "You can't drink on a school day Barty. You're thick enough as it is."

Barty smirked. "Oh right. I'm so~ sorry, Dad!"

Evan grabbed his arm, squeezing his wrist tightly. Barty gazed up at his through his thick eyelashes. A smile plastered his face.

"Hhm~ Playing it this way, are we?" He cooed, batting his eyes, and catching Evan's free arm with his own hand. He spun quickly, catching Evan off guard and causing him to fall back on a riggedy bench. Barty was quick to straddle him.

Once Evan composed himself, he grabbed his boyfriend by the scruff of his shirt and pulled him into a rough and passionate kiss. Barty kissed back, his hands finding their way underneath Evan's shirt. Evan licked and nipped at Barty's lower lip, asking for permission. Barty complied, opening his mouth just enough so that Evan could slip his tongue inside.

They broke apart momentarily, gasping for breath. Evan leaned forward, to initiate the kiss once more, but was disrupted by Barty placing his fingers to his lips.

"Is making out with me the only reason, you're dossing class, love?" Barty asked, scanning his eyes up and down the boy he was straddling.

Evan chuckled breathily. "Oh, you see through me too well, chéri. I just couldn't wait all afternoon to see you."

"You're starting to sound like me!" Barty laughed, removing his hands from underneath Evan's shirt, instead placing them on the boy's shoulders.

"Oh haha, very funny. I just thought we should try and get in some time to ourselves, before Reg and Potter take over the dorm room."

Barty furrowed his eyebrows. "Eh? But Reg never brings Potter to the dorm?"

Evan shifted slightly, stretching his arms out of their locked position. "Hey, anythings possible today."

"Today?" He asked, sliding his hands down Evan's arms. He didn't have a clue about why today was so special.

"Yes, Bee. Today." Evan answered, rolling his eyes. "Don't tell me you forgot?"

Barty almost fell off his boyfriend's lap.
'What's today?' He thought to himself. What about today meant something for them, but also for Regulus and James? Panic spread throughout his body and became plastered across his face.

Evan pulled Barty into a tight hug. Barty arched his back in surprise at the sudden movement. Once he became at ease with their new position, he gazed down at the blonde hair nuzzled against his chest, lovingly. He planted a kiss atop the curley locks.

"Mind telling me what today is?" He asked, resting his chin on Evan's head. The other boy smiled at this.

"Well?" Barty cooed. "What's so special about today that made my Rosie skip class?"

"It's February 14th." Evan sang, dropping clues so that Barty might figure it out himself.

"Is it your birthday?"

"My birthday was in December, you dope!"

"My birthday?"

"Wha– Merlin Fuck, Barty, your birthday's in July!"

"I don't know?!" Barty complained, leaning back so far that he fell to the ground. "Shit."

Evan, being the person he is, proceeded to laugh hysterically before coming to his senses and helping his boyfriend.

"You, you good?" He asked, leaning over the boy on the floor.

"Yep!" He assured, raising his hand in the air signalling a thumbs up. "Never better!"

"Right." Evan smirked, pulling Barty to his feet. "It's Valentine's day, by the way. Thought I'd give in and tell you before you fall again."

"Oh piss off, I'm not that clumsy! And besides I would have got it eventually." Barty muttered, flapping his hand back and forth.

"Sure love, whatever you say." Evan teased, picking the complaining boy up effortlessly.

Barty stopped complaining as they began to leave the Quidditch grounds. "Where are we going exactly?"

Evan smirked. "I already told you, Reg and James will probably take over the dorm later. We should make the most of our time."

"Oh?" Barty asked, not quite getting what Evan was suggesting.

Evan stayed silent, carrying Barty up to the castle, bridal style.

"Are you going to elaborate, or– Oh!"

A lewd smile crept across Barty's face as it finally clicked what Evan had meant.

"What are we waiting for then? Let's go!"

Word count: 1024