D~ Detention

"Did you have to hit Malfoy with a biting teacup?" Evan asked the boy laying on the desk in front of him. "I mean, you could have hit anyone, but you chose to hit our prefect?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Barty had been given detention for hitting one Lucius Malfoy with a biting teacup, which he bought at Zonko's joke shop the last time they had visited Hogsmeade. He had dragged Evan down with him because the poor boy was sat beside him.

They now sat in an empty classroom by themselves. Surprisingly, no teacher showed up to supervise them or to give them work to do. Barty had taken this as a blessing before pushing his desk right next to Evan's and lying across it. Evan, on the other hand, knew that there was no way any professor would leave 'detentionees' to their own devices.

"Ev, it's fine. Dumbledore's probably rooting for us." Barty said, stretching his arms above his head.

"What does that mean?" Evan questioned. "Like, he's doing a laissez-faire approach with us?"

Barty looked up at him with what could only be described as complete and utter confusion. "I have no idea what that means, but no. He's probably wanting to catch us Snogging or something. He is the number one fan of romance and gossip. At least, that's what I'm told."

Evan rolled his eyes and sighed. "So you're telling me that our headmaster, who is a very powerful and busy wizard, likes to spend his evening snooping on the relationships of his students? What will you tell me next? That the teachers have a betting pool for who's going to end up with who? Please."

The brunette sat up. "They do, actually. Apparently, Potter heard them making bets on something called 'Wolfstar'? Whatever that means."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, I didn't do it on purpose, did I? I meant to hit Snape– that slimy git. I just threw it a bit too far." Barty established. He groaned as Evan hit him in the stomach playfully.

"Yeah, well, you still would've wound up here, wouldn't you? Honestly, Barty, sometimes you act like such a chil–"

He was interrupted by Barty reaching up and kissing him softly. When they broke apart, Barty rolled back on the table and laughed.

"Well, that's one way to shut you up." He said breathily.

There was a sudden crash from outside the classroom door, followed by a bunch of incoherent swearing. It sounded as though somebody had tripped. The door was slowly opened and in came ,the one and only, Headmaster Dumbledore.

"I KNEW IT!!" He yelled, startling both boys. They had never heard him yell so loud, and they were certain that he could be heard from the Slytherin common room. The professor walked further in.

"Minnie owes me 20 galleons now! Thank you kindly for that." He said cheerily, in a tone that neither boy has heard from the old man before.

"What do you mean?" Both boys asked in unison. They looked at each other and smiled before quickly looking back at him.

"Well, when you're here for the majority of the year, it's good to have in a bit of fun. Anyway, I don't do this often, but ten points to Slytherin. Thank you, boys. I pressume you would like to return to your dormitory?"

Barty nodded furiously and, when they were given permission to leave, dragged Evan out of the classroom as fast as lightning.

As they rushed down the stairs into the cold dungeons, the only thing he said was;

"Told you!"

Word count: 607
[I'm so sorry this is so bad, I wrote it at 2am 😭]