L~Lovers lane

It was a bright but chilly Winter's day. The Clouds were arranged like a child's toys, scattered across the blue sky, in various different locations. The water in the running river shimmered against the sun's bright rays, creating a beautiful scene for those who passed by.

Along walked two boys, their hands entwined, in a comfortable and gentle grip. Both seemed at ease with one another, like all their worries had melted away when they came in contact with one another.

Barty gazed lovingly at the boy beside him as he took in every little detail about him. He took note of how the sun bounced off his blonde curls, of the light freckles across his nose that could only be seen up close and of the colours in his eyes. Any sane person could tell you that they were blue, but Barty saw more than that. He saw the different shades of blue and green, mixed together to create a beautiful pattern.

Only did he look away when Evan caught eyes with him. The blonde boy smiled sweetly, a smile that made Barty feel warm inside, like he was going to set ablaze at any given moment. He didn't know what it was about Evan that made him feel this way. Barty had been with other people before but, they were just mediocre, but with Evan, it was different. He knew he would do anything for him, to see that smile. To Barty, this relationship with Evan was more than just a fling or a casual thing, he felt more loved than he ever had in his life.

Anyone can say they love someone, but, Barty could, unhesitantly, say he was in love with Evan.

The continued down the narrow path in a easy silence, listening to the chirp of the playing birds and the rush of the nearby river. The tall bare trees cast shadows along the dirt path.

Barty suddenly pulled Evan off the path and up against an old oak tree. Evan took a second to realise what was happening before he brushed his lips softly against Barty's. They were so close together that he didn't really need to lean forward in order to reach Barty's face. They broke apart quickly, Evan raising a hand to caress Barty's cheek. He beamed that same smile again and Barty thought he would lose his mind.
He grabbed the hand that was on his face and traced his hand down the the wrist. He held it tightly as he kissed Evan once more.
He licked at his boyfriend's lower lip, asking for permission. Evan complied, opening his mouth just enough so that Barty could slip his tongue inside.

Their kiss gradually became more aggressive, their tongues battling in a sloppy war for dominance. Evan settled his hand on Barty's thin waist, while Barty slithered his hand underneath Evan's shirt. As he did this, he propped his leg up between the blonde's legs. Evan's hands made their into the brunettes hair, digging his fingers into his scalp. Barty moaned softly into their kiss.

They broke away slowly for air, a string of saliva still connecting their mouths. Barty chuckled breathily, his hand playing with the zipper of Evan's trousers.

"Shall we?" He cooed, looking up at Evan with a mischievous gaze. "Y'know, to keep warm on this cold Winter's day."

Evan snorted, rolling his eyes at his boyfriend's useless attempt at seducing him.

"Nice try, Bee." He snickered, rubbing Barty's head playfully. "There's no way I'm not that in the middle of the woods."

Barty cocked an eyebrow. "What? I've rode you outside. Why can't you ride me now?"

Evan groaned, letting go of Barty and standing up straight. "BECAUSE that time was different. We did by the Black lake, on a bench, anD NOT IN THE MIDDLE OF WINTER! Do you want to get hypothermia?"

The brunette rolled his neck, in a way that made Evan's mind get fuzzy. He turned back to face Evan. "Maybe."

Evan pushed him innocently, but Barty tripped over a root on the ground. Being the person he is, Evan laughed hysterically for a few minutes before composing himself and rushing to help him.

"Uhh, Barty? You good?" He asked, kicking the sole of Barty's shoe.

"Look." Barty said, pointing at the tree they had just made out against moments prior to this.

Evan turned and saw what Barty was gesturing to. All around the tree, people had carved their names into the Bark, surrounding their entitials in a heart. Barty rose to his feet and grabbed Evans wrist firmly. "Come on." He said, dragging his boyfriend around the tree.

The pair searched the tree for any free space. They skimmed over all the marks of affection scarring the old wood. There were ones like 'J + R' and 'D + M' along with others that used nicknames like 'Moon + Star'.

Eventually, Evan spotted a free space, higher than all the others.

"I can reach it." Barty said proudly, pulling a small knife out of his pocket.

"Woah, why the hell do you have a knife on you right now? Were you planning on killing me?!" Evan said, in a joking tone. He knew Barty would never dream of hurting him, he'd rather kill to protect him.

Barty raised his hands to his mouth in sarcastic shock. "Oh Merlin, how did you guess?" He gasped.

He walked over to the tree. "Ah."

"What?" Evan asked, walking forward to where his boyfriend stood, staring up at the tree.

"I.... I take back what I said about being able to reach."

Evan laughed before picking Barty up. Bartys face grew red, but he gladly accepted the help, climbing onto Evans shoulders. Once he gained his balance, he began to carve into the the dark bark of the oak tree.

After a few minutes of whittling and of Evans complaints of Barty being too heavy, he was finished. He jumped from Evan's shoulders, startling the boy who frantically put out his hands to catch Barty bridal style.

"Thanks Rosie." He said as he placed a kiss to the blonde's temple and climbed out of his arms. They moved backwards, giving themselves room to see the full carving. When he saw it, Evan's thought he might melt.

The carving read,

"E + B – my Rose, you will remain in my heart for all eternity. I'd go insane if i lost you."

It was a cheesy line, on Barty's part, but those words meant everything for Evan and it meant even more to know that they would be there forever.

"Do you... like it?"

Barty's voice broke Evan out of his thoughts. He reached for his hand.

"I love it." He squeezed Barty's hand. "I love you, Barty."

Barty smiled.

"And I'm in love with you, my Rose."

Word count: 1136
Let's goo I finally beat the 1k mark!
I decided to try a new writing technique for this one, pls lemme know how ye liked it!
As always, thank you for reading!