K~ Kill me

"Are you going to kill me?" Evan asked, his hands raised beside his head. "I don't think you want to."

He kept his eyes locked onto his partner, who was struggling to maintain eye contact with him. Barty looked to the ground, his wand held out in front of him by a shaking hand. He spoke up, his voice trembling but his expression stoic.

"I-I must. The Dark Lord has given his orders, Rose..... Evan. I mustn't disobey them." He grip tightened around his wand. "If you had followed your orders as you were supposed to, I wouldn't have to do this."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aged seventeen, Evan Rosier became a death eater. It was a role that was forced apon him by his father, a man who by no means should have raised children.

By the age of eighteen, Evan had learned the hard way the consequences of his kind of position. Shortly after their birthday, his twin sister Pandora left with his mother as an attempt to keep themselves safe. They changed their sense of style, their way of speaking and, well, everything else that would affiliate them with the Rosier family and you-know-who. They even went as far as changing their surname, adopting their mother's maiden name 'Lovegood'.

This meant that in their final year of Hogwarts, the Emeralds had dispersed. Dorcas had left the hogwarts the year previous and Pandora sought friendship in the Gryffindors and Hufflepuffs. Barty, on the other hand, remained faithful to his best friend and boyfriend. Regulus, too, had received the dark mark at the young at of sixteen. Barty, still unmarked, allowed both boys to confide in him, sharing their pressures and discomfort with their enforced roles.

At the age of 20, Evan was alone with Barty. Regulus was dead, and both Dorcas and Pandora were unable to be contacted. In the short few years Barty had been a death eater, he had managed to climb the ranks and become one of Voldemort's most trusted followers, alongside Bellatrix and Severus.

Evan had been quick to notice the drastic change in his fiancee's personality after he received the mark. He became more aggressive and.... unhinged. It didn't make Evan love him any less, he did propose to him after all, but it was clear that the approachable and sweet young boy he had known so well was gone. And it hurt Evan to know that the young boy may be gone forever.

This was one of the reasons that pushed him over the edge and him making the biggest and most risky decision of his entire life. For the past few months, Evan had been feeding information the a group known as the The Order of the Phoenix, which consisted of people like James Potter and Sirius Black, along with other people determined to bring down the dark Lord.

Soon, however, Voldemort had became aware of what he was trying to do and was determined to put an end to it. He didn't plan to solve this issue himself, though. No, he deemed it best to choose a newer one of his followers to complete this task, allowing them to prove their undying loyalty to him. Who better to choose than Barty Crouch Jnr.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Evan swallowed hard, tears forming in his eyes. He approached the armed man.

"I know, Barty. I'm sorry, but this isn't you. You did all of this for me, but you've lost yourself along the way." He moved forward even more, reaching out and taking hold of Barty's outstretched hand. Barty still held tightly onto his wand, but his grip was slightly more relaxed.

Barty's eyes sparkled with tears. He forced a pained smile before whispering.
"I know, Evan. I..... I just wanted to be there for you, and– and help you!" His voice shook as he lowered his wand slowly. "I just... I can't get out of this. I don't know how!"

Evan let go of his fiancé's hand and held out his arms. Within two seconds, Barty was being held in them, clutching onto the Blonde like he would dissappear if he let go. Evan brought a hand up and stroked his hair. He pressed his mouth against his forehead and planted a kiss there.

"We can figure it out together." He said softly. "That way, we can live together, and if something happens, we can die together. I don't want to live without you, Barty. I'd sacrifice everything as long I got to keep you in my life."

"Mmh, I feel the same way about you." Barty replied, his voice muffled by both tears and Evan's shirt, which he held close against his face. "Do you really think we could get out of this? Get away from everyone?"

Evan smiled weakly, his gaze moving towards the building in front of them– Borgon and Burkes. "To be honest, I don't know, Barty. But, I have hope. If it comes to it, we can leave the country. Move somewhere like Ireland or America, or even Australia."

Barty squeezed Evan's waist tightly before letting go. He looked up at the other boy, his eyes red but his smile wide. He reached up and placed his hands on either side of the blonde's face.

"I love you, Rosie."

"I love you too, Bee."

Word count: 884

Creds to _yelenabarnes_ for the prompt!!
I hope you liked it!
As always, tysm for reading!