Q~ Quickly

It was a bright afternoon. Students spent most of their free time and the breaks between classes outside, basking in the warm weather. Two students, however, were not among the others. Barty and Evan lay in their bed in the Slytherin dormrooms.

They had just finished classes for the day, barely managing to make it through their final class - Muggle studies. The two had separated from Regulus in the hallway and rushed to the dungeon.

Now, they were laying in bed, Evan's head resting on the bare chest of his boyfriend. They had made out previous to this and were now simply cuddling. Evan gazed up at Barty, whose brown hair was covering his eyes. He was always so beautiful when he was asleep.
Evan stroked Barty's hand softly with his thumb, wanting to keep the calmness that they currently had.

Suddenly, he heard voices erupting from the common room. One of them belonged to their best friend Regulus Black– the exact person they had ditched to go make out.

Evan let go of Barty's hand and flung it at the other's head. Barty groaned. "Bloody hell, Ev. What in Merlin's name was that for?"

"Reg is back. Get up!" Said Evan as he jumped out of bed and towards his dresser.

Barty complied, getting up slowly as he was still tired. Evan, threw a pair of trousers at his head. "Put that on, will you?" He whispered loudly, fiddling with the buttons on his own shirt. Barty stared at him, incredulously, his arms held out at his sides. He, unlike Evan, was only wearing his boxers, which he stood awkwardly in. Nevertheless, he threw the trousers on.

The voice grew silent but was replaced by footsteps approaching the room. Evan, who was now fully dressed, lunged at his bed and reached for the locker at the other side. He pulled out a book. Barty desperately searched for a shirt, but time was cutting close, so he gave up on his search and ran into the bathroom and shut the door. Evan could hear water starting to run.

Moments later, Regulus came in, carrying a small pile of books. He glanced over at Evan, who had his head buried in his book.

"What are you doing in here?" Regulus asked, walking over to the end of Evan's bed. "Where's Barty?"

Evan didn't know how to respond. He was certain that anything he said would sound suspicious and untruthful.

"H-He's Uhh, he's–" "Hey Reg."

It was Barty. He had emerged from the bathroom, with damp hair. He was shirtless and was wearing the navy jeans Evan had thrown at him. "I just had a shower."

"Right.." Regulus replied, eying the Brunette quizzingly. He then walked over to his own bed to put away his books.

"Well, I'm gonna be in here for a while. It takes a lot of effort to look as good as I do." Barty sang, attempting to flick his usually poofy hair, though failed to do so as it was wet.

Regulus laughed. "Clearly, you need to try a bit harder."

Barty acted offended. "How dare you, Reg. I look amazing!" He then laughed himself and walked back into the bathroom, shutting the door behind him.

Evan peered up at the closed door and then back at his book. He was really thankful that Regulus had believed Barty's bullshit.

Regulus turned to face Evan. "Hey, Evan?"

"Yeah?" He replied, raising an eyebrow.

"Can I ask you a question?"

"Sure."

"How stupid do you think I am?"

Evan blushed and grew anxious.

"W-What do you mean? I don't think you're stupid!"

Regulus laughed. "Oh really? Then how come you're reading your book upside down?"

Evan looked down at the paper and realised that the words were upside-down. He muttered curses under his breath before looking at Regulus worriedly.

Regulus let out a airy chuckle. "I don't care what the hell you two do. As long as you STAY AWAY from MY bed. Got it?"

"Okay, okay."

[668 words]