Season 1 Chapter 12 : Reach the Sky Above

Natsu takes off his waistcoat and covers Goku with it while the wizard was still sleeping as the Fire Dragon Slayer thrusts his arms in the air, celebrating that he completed his first S-class quest.

Natsu : Hurray! It's all over!

Happy : Aye, Sir!

Lucy : *relieved* I was really worried there for a while! Ur sure is amazing!

Natsu : This means we've accomplished an S-class quest on our own!

Happy : All right!

Lucy : Do you think they'll let us on the second floor now?!

Erza then looks over at the three wizards with an angry stare as it immediately reminds Lucy that they would be punished for breaking the guild's rules.

Lucy : Oh, right! There's punishment in store for us...!

Erza : But isn't there something you need to do first? Wasn't the real objective of this job to help the villagers who've been transformed into demons?

Lucy : Huh?!

Erza : The S-class quest isn't over yet.

Lucy : B-But Deliora is dead. So the villager's curse should be—

Erza : No. This thing you call a curse wasn't a result of Deliora. The people, just like Son, were affected by the Moon Drip's enormous magic energy. Just because Deliora has been vanquished doesn't mean their situation has improved in any way.

Lucy : Y-You can't be serious...!

Natsu : Okay! Let's go heal 'em, then!

Happy : Aye, Sir!

Gray : How, though?

Gray then realizes that there was one person who might know how to break the curse on the villagers as he turned to Lyon.

Gray : Hey! Lyon!

Lyon : I have no idea, just so you know.

Natsu : Say what?!

Happy : What?!

Lucy : But if you don't know, then how else can the curse be—?!

Lyon : We knew of the village's existence when we came to the island three years ago. But we never interfered with the villagers. They never once came to see us, either.

Erza : Not once in three years?

Lucy : Come to think of it, they must've seen the Moon Drip's light coming from the ruins almost every night, huh? It's strange that they never came to investigate.

Lyon : I'm not even sure the Moon Drip has any effect on the body.

Natsu : What? Are you tryin' to say it wasn't your guys' fault now?

Lyon : Think about it. We were bathed in the same light for three years as well.

Lucy : Oh! That's true!

Lyon : Be careful. They're hiding something. That goes for your friend there, too. This is guild work now, though.

Natsu : You're not getting off that easy! You guys destroyed the vill–!

Erza soon stops Natsu from talking by grabbing his cheeks so that he doesn't overstep anything.

Erza : Leave it at that.

Erza then explains that Toby, Yuka, Sherry, and the rest of the priests who were allied with Lyon were following him because he promised them all that he would destroy Deliora.