Season 1 Chapter 22: The Rematch of Fate!

After Natsu's match with Yamcha, the cleanup crew came by in order to fix the ring once again before any other matches could start. With that last match out of the way, it was. It was now time for the semi-finals with Goku, Tien, Gray and Yamcha taking place to decide who would be in the final match.

Erza: The high level of fighting in this tournament has been absolutely unbelievable!

Roshi: That it most certainly has... Those three boys may indeed be the world's "Best 3". Even Gray who's never been in this kind of tournament is holding his own against them.

Happy: That's how we do it over at Fairy Tail! We rock!

Lucy: You got that right!

Bulma: I still can't believe that Krillin and Natsu lost, despite being as strong as they were...!

Meanwhile with the remaining competitors, they were waiting for the announcer to say what the next matchups were going to be.

Announcer: *through microphone* The first round of the semi-finals puts Gray against Son Goku!

Gray: Already?

Goku: Ready for beating, Gray?

Gray: *scoffs* As if!

Goku and Gray walk out into the ring while Tien seemed to be slightly upset that he wasn't the one to fight Goku but doesn't show it on his face.

The two stand at opposite ends of the ring in their fighting stances as they wait for the march to start.

Announcer: *through microphone* Let the match begin!

Gray was the first to act as he gets into his Ice Make stance and slams his hands on the ring, freezing the ground in front of him as it heads towards Goku. Goku immediately jumps into the air to avoid the ice but ice shaped in the form of two large hands shoot up at him before they slam into him.

From where the hands had attacked Goku comes a shattering sound and a figure that speeds towards Gray. Gray looks in front of him and sees Goku who didn't have a scratch on him.

Goku swiftly kicks Gray in the chest which sends the ice wizard sliding backwards while holding his chest in pain.

Gray: ( Can't let him get close to me, or else I'm done for. )

Goku aims his hand at Gray and shoots a ki blast at him, attacking from a distance while Gray quickly creates a large ice shard that comes up from the ground. The ice shard blocks the ki blast as Gray jumps on top of the giant ice shard and jumps into the air over Goku. As Gray jumps over Goku he aims his hand at Goku and shoots out ice lances at Goku.

As soon as Gray lands Goku turns around and then quickly shoots another ki blast towards Gray once more. The wizard creates a large shield made of ice blocking the ki blast as soon as it makes contact.

Goku charges towards the ice shield and shatters the shield with a single punch, however, he sees that Gray wasn't on the other side. Suddenly, behind Goku was Gray who sends an Ice Knuckle at Goku which sends him a few feet away but he slams his hands and feet on the ground to stop from being pushed back too far.

As Goku stops his velocity from being pushed back by Gray's attack, Gray creates a tight and compact wall around Goku, limiting his movements as he prepares his next move. Gray then shoots an ice lance at Goku who was surpisitable to dodge despite being in such an enclosed space.

Gray: ( He dodged it even when he was that cramped? ) How about this?!

Gray shoots another ice lance but it goes over Goku's head and bounces off the ice walls and cuts his shoulder.