Battle Wound Smile

*Weiss's POV*

Wake up dammit, you can't die now come on, what would mum and dad think? What would Winter think? They'd be disappointed in me, probably ground me for the rest of the month and keep rubbing in my face that I was a failure. 

Ruby: "C'mon Weiss, we're almost there" I could hear her voice laced with concern but still managing to have a little joy squashed into her voice.

 I wanted to respond back but I'd lost too much blood to open my eyes let alone speak. Even in this state I could still feel Ruby's soft arms holding me like I was dying, well I was.

Ruby: "It's okay Weiss I finally got some bars, I'm going to call Beacon and tell them to pick you up" She said hurriedly, I felt one of her hands disappear probably the one she was using to grasp her phone.

Wait did this mean they were going to abort the mission? Almost though as if Ruby read my mind she whispered in my ear.

Ruby: "I know you don't want us to abort the mission, so we're going to go ahead with it anyway, but you need to be okay, you come before the mission got that" She said in a voice that made it hard to make out her words. Suddenly I felt something wet splash my face, she was crying.No why did she have to cry?, Now it just made me want to hug her and tell her it was alright, but I couldn't.

My mouth had become dry, my eyes felt like they weighed more than any grimm we could ever encounter. I felt so helpless and weak, I should have felt useless but Ruby somehow still made me feel important. God I really did love her.

Ruby: "Weiss, I think I see the supply", Ruby whispered to me, "There are guards though I'm going to have to leave you here, please wake up" I felt myself being placed onto the ground, it was cold and unwelcoming.

I suddenly felt all alone, like no one cared. Why did this seem so...... familiar? I know why, because this is the feeling my family gives me, those associated with my family give me. Ruby's the only one who I know would never do this to me, and now she has....

NO

Weiss snap out of it! She only left you because she needs to get to the supply, she'll never let you become as sad as they did, she wouldn't do that to you! No matter how cold you are to her. A tear slipped from under my closed eyelids and I heard a tiny gasp flow through the wind.

Ruby: "WEISS!, You're alive, holy cookies!" A high pitched voice exclaimed in surprise and joy, you could tell it was Ruby from a mile away.

Then something happened my eyes became lighter than before and I knew what I had to do, I opened my eyes and looked forward. Once my vision had cleared I could see a ton of unconscious white fang members lying on the ground, I then turned my head a little to see a bright smile greeting me.

Weiss: "Hey Ruby" I said with a raspy voice, I tried to put on a smile but I was still a little knocked out still.

Ruby: "Hey" she said in a whisper, almost choking on her words from surprise, "Well why you had a little nap", she chuckled at this, "I managed to destroy the supply and get rid of most of the guards", she finished off with a joyous grin.

Weiss: "So what now?" My voice was still raspy but at least you could make out what I was saying.

Ruby:" Well we fetch Yang and Blake then we go back to beacon!" she exclaimed happily with a smile, I smiled back to reassure her I was listening.

We wouldn't have been smiling if we'd known what had happened........