3

I started yawning the moment I woke up, not able to even open my eyes. I'm so tired. I feel like I ran a marathon. And my head feels heavy. It must be from these weird dreams that I had all night. Those were some crazy dreams.

Well, that was my thought until I looked at myself in the bathroom mirror after managing to scramble out of my bed and saw a bruise on the top right corner of my forehead. It wasn't swollen, but it was deep blue. And hurts to the touch. No makeup in the world is going to hide this thing.

So I did get taken and then released by the three bumbling idiots. That actually happened.

I didn't get kidnapped again on my way home, but I kind of wish I did. And that they kept me.

I should have pretended I was still knocked out with those 3 dumbasses. At least I wouldn't have to go to uni with a headache right now.

I tried my best to cover the bruise, but the makeup can only do so much. At least I don't have to worry about my parents being worried. They sure as fuck don't give a fuck.

Walking into the kitchen was like walking into an iglo. The freezing cold atmosphere is nothing unusual. My mom was scrolling on her tablet, most likely purposely leaning her head to the side to proudly show off purple marks on her neck left by god knows whom. Probably that guy that ran out yesterday with his dick nearly hanging out.

My loving and doting father was currently in the middle of aggressively typing on his laptop. He must be writing yet another deposition for the prosecution case he's on. He didn't spare a single glance, let alone a word to my mother. Not that I'm surprised.

'Morning.' I muttered as I poured coffee for myself, receiving dead silence in return. They don't even know I'm here.

'I got kidnapped last night.'

'Mhm.' My father hummed, not paying the slightest bit of attention to what I'm saying

'I'm doing drugs. Heroin and all that.'

Not even a hum this time.

'I'm pregnant. I don't know who the father is.'

'Good for you, Shinae. Keep it up.' My mom responds in a flat, disinterested tone, not bothering to look up from her tablet

I chuckled at myself, at this point finding it amusing. The number of things I've told them like this that they haven't heard. I could get naked and jump on the counter, and they wouldn't even think twice to look. When I was younger, they would at least aknowledge me. They gradually got worse, so this became kind of like my morning fun. I wonder if I'll find a thing that will pull their attention one of these days.

I finished my morning task of entertaining myself and took my tired ass to university. I kept receiving weird and dirty looks throughout the day. People must have thought that I'm being beaten at home. At times I wish I was. At least I'd know they notice me.

I had a few cocky wanna be lawyers approach me and cite the laws of domestic abuse, parental abuse and similar themes. I suppose that's to be expected of law school students. Cocky, intrusive, and think they know the best. And every day, I have to hold myself back from breaking a lot of laws by stopping myself from slapping a bitch or two. Although I am getting picked on a bit more than the rest, purely because my father is a famous lawyer that won countless cases, and he owns his law firm.

A lot of them think he got me into this place, when in sad reality, my parents didn't even know until the end of the first year of university which school I'm going to. They merely gave me the money and told me to pay for what I need, and never even looked. My father was never happier when he found out, but it was only because my mother got angry with me. 

She is a CEO of a popular cosmetic brand, and she wanted me to take over for her one day. We haven't spoken for almost 2 months after they found out, not that it was any different than usual communication.

If only they listened and knew that I do not care about what they are, nor would I ever want to be like either of them. And, unfortunately, I do not have some motive like ''I wanna do good for people'' or ''I wanna help others''. All I want is to argue with people for money. Might as well get paid for what I love doing. 

But, the day finally ended. After a long 7 hour class where we held a ''real'' trial, I'm free to go. And as always, I wish I never went home.

Even from the entrance of the house I could hear smashing and breaking. I ran towards the sounds in an instant, scared they might kill each other. They hate each other, but they never got physical with each other. That is the last thing needed.

Be as it may, I ran in panic, only to nearly throw up at the sight.

My dad decided to bring home a lady. A very young one at that. I swear she is younger than me. And apparently couldn't bring himself to go into the bedroom as they were in a heated makeout session, pushing and pulling each other down the hallway, knocking down things on their way.

Her pencil skirt was a bit too high up, barely covering her thighs, and his hand was definitely working on lifting that up all the way. She didn't spare herself either, seeing how my father's shirt was unbottoned and a tie was loosely hanging around his makeup stained neck. Thank fuck I don't have a frontal view of that. No one wants to see their father getting nearly sexual, especially not with a woman that's not your mother, but then again, I am used to it. Not to this extent, though.

And of course, they haven't noticed me. I might be see-through or some shit.

I decided it would be best to run and so I ran straight for my room, trying to drown out the sounds of sloppy kissing and grunting. I heard a door slam from my room, and I was so happy that they actually went into his room. An exhale of relief left my lips, and then I groaned in frustration when I heard moaning instead. 

This is one loud bitch.

I just can't deal with this shit. I need to go out of this place for the night. Or forever. I really need to ask those two again to let me live on my own. I don't see the point of keeping me here. They couldn't care less about me, and when I wanted to move out, they raised hell.

I grabbed my backpack and threw in some clothes, some underwear, and a toothbrush, and dipped out as the woman's laughter and moaning echoed even out of the room, and I simply ran.

I had no idea where I was going, but I just needed to go. And like yesterday, I ended up by the river. Silence. Comfort.

I kept walking and walking, thinking about where to go. There are a few hotels out and about. Maybe I could go there. Or maybe my grandparents. Right. They are not in the country at the moment. I don't have a friend that I'm so good with to go to their place. 

I've got more money that I can count, and not a single person I can lean on. Just another proof that money means fuckall.

In my endless spinning of the mind, I ended up walking towards the house of those three idiots, and a very retarded idea dropped upon my brilliant brain.

I knocked a few times, waiting for someone to open, and about 15 seconds later, I heard rushing footsteps coming towards me, and the door flung open.

A familiar face framed with dark, brown curls, casting shadows upon equally dark eyes which I now notice are asymetrical, appeared in front of me.

'What. The. Fuck.'