42

SHINAE POV

'Is all of this really neccessary?' 

'I will pretend you didn't ask that.' He sighed with disappointment

'And you're telling me that they are okay with all of this?'

'I couldn't talk them out of it.'  He chuckled. 'Stop being a whining baby, and bring your ass over. I can't have an engagement party without my fiance.'

'Of course, my darling husband. I'll be on my way.'

'Lovely. Now if you practice saying it about 700 more times, even I will be convinced. And don't forget to wear the ring. We both know it's not on your hand.'

I looked to the side, rolling my eyes at the sight of the silver ring decorating the surface of my desk. Well, it's mostly covered with papers. But the point is, he's right. And it's annoying. 

'I will step on your feet when we dance.'

'Why do you think I'm already wearing steel-toed boots?'  He snickered and hung up instantly

What a dick.

They wasted no time in announcing the engagement and making a whole damn party in our honour, one which is being held at their home. Or their mini palace.

They invited about 300 people to this thing, and I know only our families and maybe a few more people. But this is practically a wedding at this point.

And it being a party, I needed to doll myself up for my future husband, and for everyone else. And it being an engagement party, what other colour am I allowed to wear but white.

They designer dress that was laid out for me by my mother dearest was resembling a bit too much to a wedding dress, but I honestly couldn't give two flying fucks. And it was surprisingly pretty, as much as I hated to admit it.

Dress in itself was simple. Thin straps with a bit more cleavage than I'd like, but at least it's staying in its spot without slipping. The waist was tightly, yet comfortably snached to me with a decorative thin belt. As for the bottom part, it was falling down right against my legs, having a long slit open space along my left leg, and a short trail of the fabric behind me.

 As for the bottom part, it was falling down right against my legs, having a long slit open space along my left leg, and a short trail of the fabric behind me

I barely recognized myself looking at the mirror. If only Jimin could see me now. I wonder if he'd think I look pretty...

I told myself a million times to stop thinking about him, but the man won't leave my mind. It's like the more I'm trying to forget about him, the more he is showing up everywhere. Even in the smallest things.

*knock knock*

'Shinae you have- oh. Wow.' My mom stopped saying whatever she was about to say, clapping her hands in delight. 'You are stunning.'

First ever compliment.

'I've done an amazing job. Great job, MiNua.'

Aaaand then she took it for herself. Thanks.