38

After a few rings, a surprised voice came through on the other side.

'Shinae? What's to say you're calling me out of nowhere? Did you butt-dial me?'

I laughed a little at Namjoon's joke, 'No. I actually have something to discuss with you.'

'O-oh. I'm scared to even hear this.' He chuckled softly

'Trust me, you should be.'

His tone changed in a milisecond, and he turned serious. 'What have you done?'

'Right. Might wanna sit down. This will take a minute.'

After explaining everything for a good minute or two, while he listened silently, he only chuckled, but it sounded weird. It wasn't one where you're happy. He sounded almost sad. In the least, disappointed.

'I can't believe this.'  He sighs. 'After all the preaching, and years of it, you call me to tell me that you're becoming my wife. And the reason? You love someone else, and I was only a part of the deal. Thank you for that. I gotta say, an amazing plan. Also, extremely honoured.'  The sarcasm was pouring through the phone, along with his scoffing

'Do you honestly think I want to do this any more than you do?'

'Then don't!'

'I didn't have a choice, Joon! I would much rather be with the man I actually love.'

'And I would much rather be with the woman I love.'

Shit. That's it. So simple, yet I keep forgetting.

'Joon?'

'I can hear your tone changing and it can only mean you came up with something. This better be good.'

'It is. It is as simple as it can get, and we can both get what we want.'

'I'm all ears.'

All I needed is one word. One name. 'Misoo.'

'You mean...'

'Yes. You need to bring her home and tell your parents.'

'Trust me, I want to, but she's scared. I can't force her into it, Shinae.'

'I know, Joon. I get it. But you've been together over 2 years. And your parents are amazing. You know they don't give two flying fucks about people's backgrounds. They are not like my parents. And from what you told me, she is amazing. They will love her.'

'Look, I'll talk to her. But I can't promise that she will do it.'

'Then tell her the truth. About me. I'm sure she doesn't want to see the man she loves married to someone else. And let's be honest, we would end up miserable.'

'I mean, we could have sex...'

'Joon!'

He started snickering on the other line, finding his little joke funny. 'Joke, joke. Okay. I'll do it. The things you make me do.'  He sighed deeply

'You're acting like this was never your plan. Marrying her.'

'Shush. What about you, though? Won't your father flip?'

'I'll handle him and myself. Lawyer, remember?' I chuckle

'How could I forget? You just argued with me, insulted me 5 times, and forced me into shit within one phone call.' He teases

'Okay, shoo! Go do your job. I'm going to get my man. And Joon... thank you.'

'What are friends for, right.'  He chuckles. 'Good luck.'