16

I somehow managed to wake up for school in time, and I didn't even feel that tired. I think I was just really high on excitement and expectancy. And I think luck might be on my side today.

'Good morning, class. Let's begin right away.' Professor walked in and spoke as he was walking up to his desk, placing down his briefcase on top of his dark, wooden desk. He took a little remote and turned the projector on, the entire screen reading: Unfair dissmissals.

No one really reacted much to it, but I felt like jumping up from my seat and kissing the man up and down. Whichever god is on my side, I'm gonna get on my knees and pray to you.

I kept my eyes glued to the screen, and my ears tuned in on every word the professor spoke, taking notes with the speed of light.

Hostile work environment: A hostile work environment is a scenario in which the CEO, through their actions, can create a work environment that is difficult for one or a group of employees. They may not be as productive and may find it uncomfortable to come to work every day on a physical and emotional level.

Quid pro quo: A quid pro quo situation is when a person makes a sexual request of an employee in exchange for a work perk. In the case of CEO sexual harassment, a CEO can suggest an employee have sexual contact with them for a raise, or more vacation, or even to keep their job.

A few examples of sexual harassment by a CEO include:

-Demanding that an employee perform a sex act for the CEO or lose their job
-Asking questions that are sexual in nature, such as questions about someone's sexual history or their sexual orientation
-Inappropriate touching, including pinching, patting, rubbing, or purposefully brushing up against another person...

'Does anyone have any questions?'

I raised my hand, seemingly the only one in class, and it didn't bother me in the slightest.

'Miss Moon, go ahead.'

'Say someone has been unfairly dismissed due to refusal in accepting the sexual advances by the superior, and they haven't filed a complaint right away. Is it possible for the person raise their concerns later down the timeline?'

'There are multiple offences in that case, so the time frame is not set. If the person feels they have been wronged, which they definitely have in this case, they can raise it even 5 years later if they wish so.'

'And what kind of proof must they have for it?'

'That is, unfortunately, a tricky part. Oftentimes, these verbal things can be taken as hearsay and would be objected to in court of law. But one way would be if there were witnesses or more unfortunate victims. Those who commit sexual harassment crimes often do it more than once, and more often than not, they get away with it, so they are not as afraid to do so again and again. And victims are afraid or ashamed to come forward.'

'So the best bet would be gathering possible victims?'

'Precisely.' He nods. 'But even then, it would be tricky. It's always good to have some sort of physical proof. CCTV recordings, messages. Something to back up the claims. But the hardest part is getting those victims in the stand at all. Once that happens, you can bet there will be more coming up. There is always more hiding in the back.'

Got it. Victims. Witnesses. Proof.

Who am I kidding? I knew it, I'm just looking for a way to get to it. I would need to talk to Jimin about it all. I'm so going to die.

I kept checking my email like crazy every hour or so for days, but nothing. Not a single response. I figured it might happen. Getting a message from someone random, I wouldn't answer either.