14

I spent most of the night digging through this company that Jimin worked in. There is so much you can find on the internet, but you can also hit a dead end. Or at least something that resembles one.

I dug through a lot of their work, their ethics, their emplyoee rights, and terms and conditions. It all seemed nice and tight, as it tends to be. But they won't put their dirt up on the official page, if there is any. What I needed to know the most was not the company itself, it was the CEO. That was an easy find.

Eleanor Dowen. American. 35 years of age. 

Digging a bit futher, it looks like she only came to run the company last year. 7 Months ago to be more precise. Before that, she was an Assistant Manager in a company called Dream Pic in Boston. I need to dig a bit deeper.

I was deep into my work, writing down with one hand on the papers beside me, while scrolling through my laptop with my other hand, ocassionally sipping on my coffee. I was so into it that I didn't even notice it was morning already. I wouldn't have if my papers didn't suddenly get pulled from under my hands and I had to look up.

'Wh-' I stopped in my track as I watched my father sip on his own coffee, going through my paperwork. Well, not paperwork. A bunch of papers I scribbled my findings on.

'Hm. I didn't realize they give cases to students nowadays.' 

'They don't. This is not for school. This is my own thing. Now if you wouldn't mind.' I opened my hand for him to give me back my papers, but he straight up ignored me and just sat down on the other side of the counter, flipping through pages.

'Unfair dismissal. Interesting.' He scoffed. 'Might I ask, why are you venturing into such a thing?'

'Boredom. Curiosity. Interest.' I lie. Well, partly. I am interested in who this horrible woman is.

He finally looked at me, and for a weird reason, it made my heart skip a little. I suppose even the smallest piece of interest in me surprises me. 'So, what would you say would be your next best move?'

'Past employees. Dismissals.' I turned my laptop to him to show him that I was on the same exact task he was talking about, and he chuckled. 

'You are thinking like a lawyer already. That is promising.'

'I have to if I want to become one.' 

'I must warn you, though, proving difficult cases like this is nearly impossible. I have had my fair share of them.'

'But you proved them and won.'

'I have. But I have been a lawyer for 23 years. You don't even have a diploma yet.'

'I love the confidence boost, father, so thank you for that. I am fully aware of my position, and I believe I mentioned this is purely for interest, so I am not preparing for a trial. But even if I was, just because I do not have a title of a prosecutor, it does not mean that I won't manage this properly.'

At least I know where I get my love for arguing from, based off of the smirk he's got plastered on his face.

'I am not talking about a title. I am talking about experience.'

'Experience is a luxury, not a neccessity. There have been lawyers who won their cases with no previous experience. You should know that better than most.' 

'I do know, but if I had experience I would have struggled less. And as a lawyer, every little crumb is a neccessity. And just because I am one of those who were smart enough to reach the desired goal, it does not mean you can, too.'

'Maybe. Maybe not. But I can try my best. In the least, I won't regret never trying.'

He drank the rest of his coffee and got up, a slight smile decorating his face. 'Sometimes even your best is not enough.'