Chapter 2

"Miss Sharma, can we talk in the study room". By saying this he take the lead towards the study room and she just followed him like a lost puppy following her owner.

They both enter the room."First take a sit on the sofa" Abhay said this in a very professional way gesturing her towards the couch, his voice is as cold as ice.

Ruhani struggle to find her words and remain still as Abhay passed by her, his scent is intoxicating. He settled in the couch, his eyes are fixed on the female figure who's standing near the door, waiting her to sit across him in front of the table.

Embarrassed by her earlier rants, she took her time before slowly making her way towards the couch, interlocking her trembling fingers. She needed to regain her cool behaviour and get a grip, but Abhay was far too good looking, rich, sophisticated , making her feel self conscious and uncomfortable. Perhaps appearing infront of him in her pajamas had been a mistake, because it's giving clear visuals of the differences of their worlds

"I deeply apologize for intruding you and your family in the middle of night, but the matter is so serious that I have no other option. As our conversation will go further, you will get to know the reason." Abhay started the conversation, his eyes fixed on her, making her more nervous.

" But however miss Sharma, don't you think questioning someone's mental health over something so trivial is a bit excessive?" He stated his previous words to her gaining her eyes on him.

Ruhani's defensive mode got activated. "Look I-I mean, Mr Singhania I agree with you, I was just jocking-" before she complete her sentence Abhay cut her off with a frim tone. "That was rather offensive for a joke. Don't you think?"

Ruhani nodded and lowered her eyes. "But you were not supposed to hear that. It  wouldn't have hurt your fingers to knock first before entering.

Abhay mainted hir composure. "Look as I already said, I understand your frustrations and I apologized for that"

"So did I" Ruhani say looking directly to his eyes. But got a unexpected reaction from him.

"And when did you do that" he asked her raising one of his eyebrows.

"Do what" she was dumbfounded by his question.

"Apology?? When did you apologise to me. I don't remember you doing that. He maintained his dark aura.

"Ahhuh- I mean, I'm really sorry Mr Singhania. I shouldn't have said that. She was looking everywhere except him. His intensified gaze making her hard to look, to talk to him and also her brain is not functioning rightfully.

Abhay just examine her for long moments, looking her from top to bottom, almost as though he was trying to see through her or past her. And all her confidence wavered. His gaze made her feel taut, trapped, vulnerable. Was he mad mad at her dry, sarcastic apology? Offended perhaps. He should be. But reading him seems to be difficult.

Finally he sighed, averted his gaze. He maintained his posture, like seasoned sophisticated nobleman. Not a single wrinkles on his suit. Oh god, his personality made her more nervous.

Abhay:- Anyway I should get to the point of my visit.

She wouldn't stop but think him like a politician who is here for discussing a important meeting while she had so many unanswered questions.

"Right" she replied, her curiosity was on pique. "So, now can you tell me what's going on?"

"Ofcourse. I will answer all of your questions. I'm sure this was a shock to you" he says to her.

"Obviously, because I doubt you even know my name" she stated.

"Ruhani". God. Her heart has no rights to flutter by hearing her name from his husky voice.

"Your name is Ruhani Sharma, see, I know" he answered her question proudly like he solved a math question correctly  or it would be better to say sarcastically.

Pulling herself together she rolled her eyes to the back of her head. It wouldn't help but to frustrate him.

"Score" she equally answer matching to his sarcastic level.

He pockes his tongue in his cheek. Ohh god that scenario in front of her give her a shiver down her spine.

"I completely understand how you feel right now, but can we continue the conversation more maturely!" He says to Ruhani.

She felt a hint of insult in his words. He's calling her immature indirectly?

"Excuse me, what did you say?'

"If you can co-operat-" his words were cut midway by Ruhani

"Mr Singhania, the only thing I want to talk about right now is why?" Her doubts are overwhelming her. The only thing that can seem now is frustration.

She was so frustrated, or you can say both of them are frustrated from each other.

He's having so much patience with her, and she's unintentionally testing his patience level. She doesn't have any idea, that she's playing with the fire. Or she knows, but taking the risk.

"You know very well that I can't reject a proposal that came from Singhania's  family. But I have the full rights to know why I was chosen as the replacement for your previous wife. Whom I don't know why you rejected and broke off the marriage. I'm sure you have better options to choo-" she was cut by his stern voice.

"I wasn't finished talking ." He spoke in a manner that she wished the earth would have swallow him whole.

"You promised to clarify my doubt, and now I can't bottle up my thoughts within me." She desperately asked him.

He sighed by listening her blabbering for past few minutes and not listening to him. His eye narrowed into sharp point.

To be continued....

Hello readers!! It's another chapter. I hope you guys like it. And sorry for late update as I wasn't feeling good. Hope you guys enjoy your week. If you like please do vote and comment and follow me on insta for more spoilers!!

Lots of love 🫶