chapter 4

[Author's pov]

"See I didn't wanted to drag this, but you left no option for me. So I have to do this" he stated

She harshly grabbed the file. She was aware of the dept. It was enormous amount that they couldn't pay all at once. She also knew that even though Mr Jaswanth Singhania had advised her father not to, her father had still signed this document to ensure timely payment, and he could have paid if his business hadn't failed on the first attempt.

With force she threw the document on the table in front of him.

"My father trusted your family" she said.

Their families had a strong and great bond in the past, and Mr Jaswanth Singhania had assured her father that they could pay off the debt gradually when they have money.

"He told us that we can return the payment little by little-" she said furiously not caring about the person sitting in front of her.

"Unhone kaha tha? Kuch proof hai? Document? Or anything ? Abhay cut her off, his words stoked the fire of her anger.

"Court ko proof chahiye, which you don't have. And I know my father cared about your family and your mother was a dear friend of mine. But ye case ab mere haath mein hai. And I concerned about want I want. Aur agr tum soch rahi ho ye baat mere dad se discuss karne ki, then I assure you, it won't end favorably". He continued

"This matter is no longer within his control. Besides after my mother's passing, my father is hardly paying attention to this old arrangements. Agr unn tak baat gyi bhi koi fayeda nhi, ghoom phir ke ye mere pass hi ayega" he said shrugging off his shoulder.

"Damn you!" She was so angry that she cannot control the shake in her voice and how much she wants to claw at his exceptionally handsome face. "Aap kisiki majboori ka fayeda nhi utha sakta".

"Ismein shrif mera fayeda hai? Miss Sharma you are twenty-two years old.  And after two years you'll still be young to find your companion, fullfill your dreams and can be happy. I'm just asking two years of your life. By the end of it, your family debts will be cleared and mein aap ko muh chahe paisa de sakta hun." Abhay stated his full plan.

'This man, ye apne aap ko kya samjhta hai. Singhania hai isiliye jo maan mein ayega bolega kya. Asking for only two years. Do saal kya isko majak lagte hain. Situation change hone ko yahan ek sec bhi nhi lagta aur ye ese bolraha ki do saal yun hi nikal jayenge. Bhagwan ko bhi paisa dega kya ye jo time bhi iske liye majak hai'  she think this to herself.

"I don't want your damn money " she couldn't contain her fury, her thoughts muddled by his blackmail.

"Meine suna tha paisa logon ko pagal kar deta hai aaj dekh bhi liya".

"Miss Sharma, you are crossing your limits. Phir se mere dimagi haal par jaa rahi hai, mujhe bina jaane hi"

"Huhh, bina jane? aur kya baaki reh gya jannke ko? Aap isse bhi neeche gir sakte hai?"

He seemed like the typical rich, arrogant asswhole who thought that the world danced around at his fingertips as he threw some money.

"Very well then". He maintained his composer. "If you don't want my money then atleast you want your father and his business out of the trouble, won't you?"

Ruhani was breathing heavily with rage
"You are a selfish, cunning, manipulative asshole".

"Selfish, I'll take that." He was still calm that frustrated her to her core.

"Cunning?, I'm not so sure. But manipulative?? When did I manipulate you?"

"Aren't you trying me to believe that deceiving our family and making a deal with you is right choice, jo aap kar rahe hai wo sahi hai aur usse hum dono ka fayeda hai?"

"That's not manipulation. That's the truth" he responded plainly.

"You are a sick bastard" she fired.

For a moment, his composer change, and she thought she detected a glimmer of anger in his eyes, as if he struggling to control it. It sent shivers down her spine and make her swallow hard.

"For the last time I'm warning you, change your language and mere mental state pe bolna band karo. If you do that again, you won't like the concequences". He said while calming his composer and shifted his gaze away.

"Are you good and anything other than threatening, blackmailing and manipulating people?"

He held her gaze intensely, his aura is a mix of professionalism, calmness, arrogance and allure that irritated her.

"I'm good at many things. If you ever give me a chance, I won't mind showing you." He smirked while saying. The way he said, it sent a jolt of excitement through her, like a wildfire sweeping through a forest.

A hot shiver ran up her spine, and she started at him. Her body still as inner chaos raged. Her heart raced and a dark yearning swirled under her skin like a Riptide.

Trying to break his gaze's spell, she dug her nails into her palms.

"You can't.....You can't force and blackmail someone into marrying you as a part of a deal. It doesn't work like that."

"I can." He picked up the file from the table and raise it a little towards her.

"Your family's future is in my hand as well as in yours. You can save it or ruin it."

Hlw readers!! Here's the next chapter. Unedited version. So agr kuch mistakes hai comments mein batana.

I hope ki aap sabko ye chapter ach laga. Agr laga toh do votes.

Aur ye batana ki Abhay kaisa laga uska character.

Follow me on insta for spoilers:- _ruhiwrites_

Byee for now lovelies 🌜🫡

Lots of love 🫶