3✯

TW! Sensitive topic ahead. Read with caution.

Thankyou

Harry observed his younger brother. He sat at the other end of the living room, giving Liam space to lose himself in his thoughts. The room was empty apart from the brothers.

Zayn had hovered close until Ares distracted him with the Enchiridion, hoping to find a page about a God killing another God. For a while, the clock ticking on the wall ruined Harry's silence until Louis entered, and the room was not silent again, but Harry didnt mind.

"Hey," Louis said, sitting next to the human, "Is he okay?"

"I'm not sure." Harry moved his head closer so that he could speak quieter. "If I were him, I'd freak out."

"Me too." Louis couldn't look at Harry when he was so near; his heart hurt too much. "I just don't understand. I expected the Gods to come together for the war, not throw tantrums over power."

"Yeah, they have bigger things to worry about than who is the most powerful. They haven't even met my brother. It's just ridiculous."

"He looks pretty deep in thought," Louis said.

Liam hadn't blinked in a while. His eyes remained lost, and distance and the shine in them were gone.

"Maybe you should leave him for a while. I need to change into my wolf for a bit. Do you want to throw sticks for me?"

"Sure." Harry climbed to his feet and followed the werewolf out of the room.

Liam was then lost in his head for almost an hour until he felt someone touch his face. The scent of Zayn distracted him, and he turned to meet soft hazel eyes.

"I was starting to get worried," Zayn smiled and brushed his fingers through his mate's hair.

"How long have I been sat here?"

"Almost an hour and a half. What were you thinking about?"

"I was trying to get in touch with the other Gods, but I can't."

Zayn wrapped an arm around Liam's shoulders when tears appeared in his eyes. He hugged his mate tight.

"Hey! No tears. You don't have to worry. We won't let that God near you. If you can sense when she's close, that will help us to prepare."

"But you don't know what powers she has. She could hurt one of-

"Shhh," Zayn interrupted. "I can feel that you're working yourself up. Don't panic about it; we'll figure things out."

Liam nodded against his shoulder and blinked away the tears. "I don't want this."

"I know Jaan, and you never did." Zayn gently rubbed his arm. The madness doesn't stop. "Come on, it's lunchtime and you didn't eat breakfast."

"I'm not-"

Zayn stared at him like he was about to commit a murder.

"Don't you dare say that you're not hungry. England will fall if you say that, never mind heaven. Come on, I'll make you some beans on toast or something," Zayn chuckled, dragging him down the corridor and towards the kitchen.

Micah, Eloise, and Lilith stood in the garden, talking to each other and occasionally glancing through the glass.

"You don't think they're planning to run, do you?" Ares asked Eirene as they stood in the kitchen.

"No," she said, "they're wiser than that."

"Is it bad that I want them to run?"

Eirene shook her head. "Yes. I want to get to know them. Having them in this world is really beneficial to us if they want to be on our side for the war."