45✯

"What do you mean heaven is falling?" Vincent asked, looking around at the worried faces, feeling the rain soaking him to the very core.

"By opening the tear the divider between the worlds is collapsing. Heaven sits in between that, and it won't last." The cracks shattered the sky as far as Liam could see.

"I didn't mean to make one that big!"

"Relax. Just breathe," Zayn said, starting to stress too. "If we find the other Gods, maybe your combined strengths can fix this huge black hole thing."

"They won't help me! I caused this!"

Liam felt like screaming until his lungs burned and his throat felt like sandpaper.

Everything crumbled around him, sucking out any hope he had left, replacing it with a sticky feeling of guilt and dread.

Harry clung to Louis, feeling very unsafe. If they needed a quick exit, only Louis could give him one. He couldn't run from anything and was now dependable on those close to hide him from the face of danger.

"This is Lucifer's fault, not yours," Micah spoke coldly, thinking of his estranged brother.

"The angels made you for this war because they knew a great betrayal would try to destroy them. They didn't know who would cause the betrayal. You mustn't blame yourself."

"They had so much faith in me." Lia. wanted to run into the black hole, never to be seen again. "I did all of this to save Shawn and Niall. Do they not see that?"

"Their own prodigies have backfired. We will all be on your side, even if we are made to be on the side of the angels."

Everyone turned towards the the couple who lay on the grass. Niall had passed out
because of his injuries, Vesper sat with his
parents, and Shawn was unaware of his surroundings. He hadn't even noticed the gaping hole in the sky as he stroked his fingers through his angel's hair, soaking his
forehead with tears.

"What if we lose?" Louis asked, catching
Eirene's gaze and feeling nauseous.

"That is not an option." Evander stood boldly.

His home on the other side was getting burnt to the ground by demons. "Where's Lucifer? Is he dead?"

"I did stab him in the heart with a pen," Scarlet mumbled.

Lilith wanted to congratulate her but decided that the timing wasn't right. "Lucifer has no heart. I won't be surprised if he comes crawling out of that hole with two
heads."

Zyaire grunted an amused response, but he
was more focused on his soulmate. Arzhel and the rest of the angels seemed to wear a heart as heavy as the world. Most might not like to admit it, but heaven was a part of them.

Niall was cast out of heaven thousands of years ago, and he still heard the angel's whispers every day.

"What do we do then? How do we fix this?"

"It's not your mess to fix," Liam said
miserably, too ashamed to look at the sky.

"We are all here for this war. It is our mess,"
Zyaire said, thinking the black lightning cracks would be a cool feature for the natural sky.

Though he was from Hell and their decor is not for the faint-hearted. "You saved our friends, the least we can do is fight alongside you."

Zayn squeezed his mates shoulders, not
sure what else he could offer other than instructions. "Summon the other Gods. We need them here too."