58✯

TW- sensitive content ahead

Ares pushed his finger to his mouth, telling Eirene to be quiet. Elara entered a room that had no other exit than the door they approached.

Carefully, he peeked through the gap under the hinges, enough to make one eye visible. Elara was pacing the room, ranting to herself like someone was listening. She tugged on her hair with hands covered in Lilith 's blood.

"Not my fault, not my fault!" Elara yelled. "It's them. It was always them!"

"She's lost her mind," Ares thought.

"I'm not surprised. She's trying to kill her  amily. Nobody with a right mind would do that. " Eirene tugged Ares back and mouthed "what do we do?"

He shrugged and thought back, "We can't let her leave this room. She tried to kill Lilith ."

They didn't know.

On the outskirts of the house, Zayn, his pack, and Liam made it through the crowd, just as the demons reached their home.

Alexis, Vesper, Em, and Kylo were forced to fight to protect Lyssa, Evander, Athena, and Carlos. They were too old to fight, and indeed too vulnerable.

Louis pushed Harry into the house and shut the door, forcing him to stay inside where it was safer.

He didn't know Elara had broken in. "I'm sorry," he said when Carlos locked the door from the inside and pulled the key out of the human's reach.

"Louis!" Harry banged on the glass. "Don't fight this without me!"

As the God of wisdom was about to turn away, he spotted Ares flying across the kitchen floor on his back. Blood covered his face. Eirene was next, being thrown into the wall by a woman with ragged hair.

"Carlos!" Louis yelled, regretting his decision to lock away the elders. He thought he was doing the right thing. Now he had put Harry in more danger.

"Carlos open the door!"

The old man tried and dropped the keys. As he struggled to pick them up, Elara turned to Harry.

Some would say that Harry had her eyes, but not anymore. They were no longer kind or assertive; they were wild like the animal she had become.

"Your leg," she whispered, staring at his walking stick. "I have been watching my family for a long time now. Your injury is proof that you don't belong in the world of the werewolves."

"Nonsense!" Athena snapped, standing with Harry as Alfred fumbled with the keys. "It is you who doesn't belong here. You were changed into a wolf; you're not pure like the rest of us. Harry has never changed to be more powerful. He doesn't need to."

Elara took a step forward. Her feet stuck to the white tiles with the blood from Ares' head wound. Eirene leant over him, desperately wiping the red fluid from his eyes.

"The only pure person in this room is Harry."

Elara stared at her child, barely able to remember the days when he was still in college with Liam, despite being two years older. Failing his first year was hardly a surprise, he had always struggled through education. But failing his first year brought him and Liam closer as brothers.

"Human's are the only beings who should exist."

Louis banged on the glass behind them, but Elara didn't even flinch.

"Carlos for goodness sake! Just pick them up!" Louis yelled. Carlos was old and couldn't reach them.

The God of wisdom took a few steps back to build momentum. He was going to charge through the glass if it was the last thing he did.