54✯

"Niall and Zyaire, you will be our medical team if anyone gets hurt. You may have to fight and defend yourself, but if any of us get hurt, make them your primary focus," Evander said as he stood in front of their families.

"Angels, don't show your wings. We know from experience that they are your weakness and demons will target them." Evander glanced at Zac, Arzhel's father.

He once lost an entire wing to demons six thousand years ago. Niall got to him just in time and reattached it.

"I don't know how to use these... healing abilities." Zyaire said, staring at his hands like he expected them to glow.

"If you think about the wound getting better when your hand is touching the patient's skin, they will heal." Micah patted his son's back, missing having those qualities.

Zyaire nodded and crossed his arms, doing
anything he could to steer his mind away from when the demons attack.

"As for the werewolves," Evander continued, feeling better when he was in charge, "are you fighting in your wolf forms?"

"Yes." Ares stared intensely around the room. There was a faint hum in the air, a buzz of stress. The werewolves in the garden started to integrate with the angels, partnering up. Ares thought a lot of them would run. Their fidelity towards the Gods warmed him in such a chilling moment. "We fight stronger that way."

Evander nodded. For a second, the bizarre situation dawned on him. He stood in a world full of werewolves, getting ready to fight an army full of demons believed to be led by Liam's mother, the God of all Gods.

What surprised him the most was how the angels stayed to help. Heaven had returned. They could flee, but they didn't. They wanted to help, and the vampire couldn't be more grateful.

Thumping in the back of Evander's mind was his home. The Haywoods mansion might not be standing when they get back. Or if they get back at all. Evander knows from previous experience that the angels won't let them use heaven as a portal to their world. With no tear to go through, he feared they'd be stuck in the world of the wolves for a long time.

"Soulmates should stick together," Lyssa added.

"If you get separated, you'll be distracted by constantly checking if they're okay. We're stronger together."

The couples around the room linked hands, feeling a sense of unity. Piper and Pheonix would stick together, and Zayn's Omegas would stick together.

Lilith stood with Vincent by the garden door, looking glum but ready to fight.

"Will you be okay fighting against your own?" Vincent asked, also ready to keep an eye on Athena. She was fragile without her powers. Her age didn't help.

"Of course. Most demons are vile creatures." Lilith witnessed her freedom in this world and would never risk losing it, even if it meant fighting her own kind. She would fight for the right thing, for peace.

"How do you think the demons got in this world?"

"I think Lucifer was making two tears at the same time. One for the vampire world, one for the werewolf world."

"Isn't there a fourth world?"

"Yeah, but it's purely humans. Nobody wants to see that chaos."

Lilith snorted until she saw a face that looked oddly familiar. She took a minute to wrack her brains, trying to remember who he was.

"Vic?" Vincent questioned, standing up straight when he saw Nathan and Kayla too.

"Elara's brother." Lilith turned to see Vincent's  reaction. She couldn't tell if he was happy to see Nathan, or irritated to see Vic. "Are they here to help?"

The Alchemy जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें