49✯

Zayn eyed the people in the room until he found Vincent. He motioned for his mates dad to come over as he sunk further away from the crowd.

"Is everything okay?" Vincent asked. The question felt a little useless considering what was going on.

"Elara is back." Zayn cut straight to the point of the issue.

The colour drained from Vincent's cheeks. "Elara as in-"

"Li and Haz's mum, and your ex-wife, yes," Zayn whispered, running a hand through his hair, wondering what else could add to their list of troubles.

"Is she with Liam?" Vincent felt like he had rubber bones, and his muscles struggled to stay attached. His legs screamed at him to sit down.

"She was. Li has gone after Hailey now. I don't know what happened between them, but I can feel he's struggling to contain it all. I know he has been getting better over the years but this is far too overwhelming. Even for me. I can't imagine being Liam right now. He's expected to fix all of this, keep the werewolves in charge, and keep the God's happy."

"If you're calm, he'll find peace through you, okay?" Vincent said, squeezing Zayn's shoulder despite his own body tensing up.

"We'll look after the werewolves and everything else. The only thing Liam needs to do is get the God's together and mend the tear"

"Easier said than done," Zayn muttered, half distracted by Eirene walking over to Louis.

"How're you holding up?" Eirene asked, feeling Louis' awkwardness like a slap to her face.

"I'm n- not really sure." The beta wolf turned and entered the garden without even looking at her once.

Zayn watched his mother's face crumble into a million pieces, and his heart shattered into more.

"Is something going on here? You don't have to tell me, but it looks pretty severe," Vincent said, looking from Zayn, to his parents, to Louis, who found Harry on a bench and buried his face into his shoulder.

"It's better if you don't ask right now." Zayn crossed his arms and forced his eyes away from his mother. His father looked just as broken. "Do you know anything about the God of wisdom and where she'd be?"

Vincent looked down at his hands and took a moment to answer. "The God of wisdom has been my best friend for many, many years. She helped me through the worst years of my life. If she has been in hiding, know it's for a good reason." Vincent turned and moved away before he could ask more.

Zayn wasn't sure if Vincent knew more than what he was admitting, but if Vincent kept secrets, it was also for a good reason.

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──

"Zyaire," Arzhel said, tugging on the bottom of the demon's black denim jacket. "I feel like there is more we should be doing."

"Me too." Zyaire's eyes stalked around the werewolves crowding the field, the raging black hole, and the worried faces in the kitchen. "Where's that lightning God?"

"I'm not sure." Arzhel pulled on his demon's hand, guiding him towards Zayn who looked like he didn't want to talk. "Is there anything we can help with?"

Zayn looked down and thought that the angel wore a painfully optimistic smile.

"Not really. Unless you know where the God of wisdom has been hiding all this time?"

As Zayn looked back up, Athena and Carlos entered the kitchen, not looking as cheerful as they usualy did, but Zayn needed their words of wisdom in a time of so much turmoil.