9✯

Zayn and Liam continued to watch the fight in front of them. Wolves attacked wolves, cutting deep into the skin, whining and growling. The mystery wolf had purple markings on its fur, while Cordelia had silver markings.

"We need to stop this." Zayn started pulling off his t-shirt, but Liam clenched his fists, and a huge lightning bolt crackled to the ground in between the wolves. The ground sizzled, and the werewolves leapt apart out of shock. Even Lilith backed away with a crazed grin of admiration for Liam's power.

When the wolves turned to look at the God, a low rumble of thunder warned them to stay still.

"Change back," Liam demanded. Zayn felt a shiver down his spine from the confidence in his voice. "Stop fighting."

Reyana and Samuel changed back, then Cordelia, then the mystery wolf, who transformed into a petite female. Zayn was impressed by how menacing her wolf had seemed. Then he scolded himself for being so judgemental. Short people can be just as strong, he thought to himself.

When he sensed Liam's awkwardness, he pulled off his t-shirt and threw it at the small female. Liam pulled his off and threw it at Cordelia. A sudden pang of his self-conscious emotions hit Zayn in the chest. They turned to Lilith who rolled her eyes and pulled off her leather jacket.

She threw it at Reyana hard enough for it to slap the God's skin.

"I want that back" she warned. "You boys shouldn't be so embarrassed."

"I'm not, but Liam spent his life as a human, they're not used to unclothed people."

"Oh yeah, weird," Lilith muttered.

Samuel turned to his daughter, gently holding onto Reyana's bleeding hand. "How could you let her attack your mother like that! Who is she?"

"She's my mate," Cordelia pulled the female closer with assertive eyes. "She was protecting me."

Samuel then glared, shocked and angry at the sudden news.

"Protecting you from what?"

"I was going to hit her" Reyana said and bit her lower lip, stopping it from trembling, Samuel watched his mate, frowning with disappointment. He ran a hand through his hair.

"I think we should leave them to it" Zayn thought, and Liam agreed.

"Cordelia," the God said, returning to his timid state. When everyone's eyes were on him, he forgot what he was going to say.

"When you and your mate are free, let Liam know that you're ready to talk. If Reyana or Samuel are anywhere near, you can forget about earning Liam's trust." Zayn spoke for him, and Cordelia nodded quickly.

"Right, let's go." They turned, but Lilith didn't leave without her Jacket.

Reyana threw it back, and Lilith smiled in the most patronising way she could find. "I'll see you at home boys." Then, she was gone.

"I didn't know demons could teleport too," Zayn murmured as they walked back through the woods. When Reyana and her family were out of sight, Zayn pulled Liam into him. "I can't be bothered to walk either"

Liam smiled and held him tight.

They reached home in seconds, and Zayn's head always tooka moment to settle when he was suddenly standing in a different place. Lilith landed a minute later, surprised that Liam was in front of her when she did.

"You took your time," Zayn smirked.

Lilith raised an eyebrow and folded her jacket over her arms.

"I like to take the scenic route," she said and almost released her smile as they turned and walked through the front door, just as Ares stopped and stared, clearly panicked.