25✯

Liam made a spark, and the bonfire lit up in an instant, roaring with crackling orange flames, heating the shivering werewolves who stood around it.

"Perfect. I'll put the outside heaters on, and when it's warm enough, Zayn can sit outside too,"

Ares said, disappearing around the side of the house.

Vincent rubbed his hands together, watching the flames like they were hypnotising him.

"Very therapeutic, don't you think?" he asked.

Liam nodded and Vincent turned to him, studying his face. "I talked to Harry earlier. He's not coming tonight."

"Is he gonna be okay?" Liam asked quietly.

"Of course." Vincent put an arm of reassurance around him. "There's a lot on his chest that he's not talking about, and sometimes people lose themselves, and it's normal, especially in this situation. Life for Harry isn't average, and living with werewolves, demons, and angels is hard for him to keep a secret because he is the only human in the house. He feels secluded, and we haven't noticed him distancing himself."

"He's very far from being alone, though. I wish he could see that."

"Me too." Vincent rubbed his arm, "and he will. He just needs a little help."

Liam nodded, watching Zayn through the window, who sat on a stool in the kitchen. After his nap, Zayn felt a lot better, and he was definitely on the mend.

"Try and enjoy tonight. I know Harry is worrying us, but l'm sure he'll come around if we have an intervention or something," Vincent smiled, moving across the garden to greet his pack.

"Your temperature has gone down," Louis said to Zayn as Liam slipped off his boots and returned to his mate's side.

"I know, I don't feel so feverish anymore" Zayn said, grabbing Liam's waist and pulling him close. "Hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to breathe through my nose again."

Liam smiled, hugging him back with a distant stare.

"You okay?" Zayn thought.

"Yeah, just thinking about Harry"

"He's not coming to the bonfire, is he?"

"No. He's probably at-" Liam stopped when two people entered the kitchen, stumbling and laughing.

"Surprise" Harry said with an arm around Olivia's shoulders, grinning like he was up to no good.

Olivia took a large swig from the bottle in her hand, then tried to place it on the counter but missed. It smashed all over the floor, covering it cheap red wine.

Eirene came rushing in, hoping it wasn't her windows again and almost stood on the glass before Louis stopped her.

"What happened?" she asked, eyeing Olivia who laughed, rolling her head back and resting it on Harry.

Louis looked away, tensing his jaw as always.

"We're drunk, duh," Olivia giggled, pulling at Harry's head to kiss him when she noticed how uncomfortable Louis looked.

"Liam, can you grab me the dustpan and brush please?" Eirene asked, crouching to pick up the larger pieces of glass.

Liam rushed to the cupboards as Olivia pulled Harry through the kitchen and outside without saying another word.

"That's fine, we'll clean up your mess," Louis mocked, now feeling like crawling into his bed, hiding the fact that his mood had hit the ground faster than the bottle of alcohol.