61✯

Liam watched the lightning bolts in his hands. Over the years, they grew so familiar to him; it felt like an extension of himself when he exposed the power. The bolts didn't distract him from the tension building in the air. The warmth of the night didn't help either. Everyone was sweaty, afraid, and exhausted.

"What do we do now?" Zyaire asked. The glow from the God's lightning bolts made his wings sparkle like crystals.

"I guess, try and mesh your powers together?"

Liam was almost out of his depth. "I'm not sure if that's possible, but holding hands might help to share it."

Their eyes looked around at the familiar faces. Everyone felt anxious; everyone was fed up of hearing the cries of those who were about to die, hearing the sloshing of demons running through blood, hearing the whistling of the wind as it filtered through the trees.

"Focus on pushing it to your hands. We have all been able to bring it to the surface, that means we can control it" Niall said, rubbing a thumb over Shawn's knuckles.

The prodigies set to work, closing their gold eyes in an attempt to push the power to their connected hands.

The angels around them were not giving up, and the demons were finally decreasing in numbers, but they were still outnumbered. Liam wondered how much support they would've had from werewolves if the war began when it was supposed to, a thousand years from now.

He tried to look over the chaos to see Zayn,
Harry, or his father. All he could see were bodies moving in the darkness. There was only one torch left standing on the right side of the field. It barely made a difference. Most wolves now depended on the moonlight and the bulbs from the house.

As the supernatural beings, Kylo, and Shawn dug deep into their minds for strength; demons threw weapons into the circle.

Em moved his head just in time as a ball with spikes flew past him, hitting the shoulder of an angel who stood behind him.

Liam used his telekinesis to block most of the weapons, and the Gods on the outer circle helped too, but they missed a small dagger that flew directly for Kylo, impaling his shoulder.

Kylo cried out and pulled his hand from Em,
breaking the circle. The pain zapped down his arm, but before he could even focus enough to see the knife, Niall was in front of him, pulling it out and healing him.

"Liam, they are aiming for the humans" he said as Shawn jumped out of the way of an axe.

"We need to hurry," Liam instructed the other Gods to stop the demons. Niall stood between Shawn and Kylo so he could heal them if they were hurt. "Start again. Find the power."

Kylo hesitantly shut his eyes. Em's hand squeezed him a little too hard.

"The Gods will protect you. Try to stay calm," Liam said, feeling the sadness in Zayn growing around his heart. He wanted to hold him and run fingers through his mate's hair as he cried. There was nothing Liam could do to comfort him, not right now.

As worried as Kylo now felt, the only other option he had was to find his power. He could feel Em's  because his hand was unusually warm. All he had to do was calm himself enough to share it with everyone. If the others did the same, they had a better chance of winning the war.

"Keep going," Liam said, watching the people in the circle.

Alexis had a frown that matched Em, Vesper
chewed on his lip like Shawn, Zyaire's face was blank just like Eloise, and Arzhel scrunched his nose like Zac.