27✯

Niall did all that he could to mend Harry's injured leg. They knew they couldn't take him to a human hospital. The bullet wounds were too suspicious, and it would result in the public services getting involved.

Instead, two werewolf doctors rushed to the scene.

Together, Niall who used to be a doctor in
heaven, Micah who also used to be a doctor in heaven before his powers were stripped for falling in love with a demon, and the werewolves worked together to get the bullets out of Harry's leg without any further damage.

"It missed his arteries, only just. Liam did the right thing in calling us here as quickly as he did," Niall said, having to sit down while Harry lay upstairs, bandaged up and sleeping from the anaesthetic. He has been in this world for a few hours, and it was mentally exhausting to keep the mind-portal open. "It could have been fatal for him, but I fear that his leg won't mend strong, and he will have to use a walking stick or crutches for the rest of his life. After intense physio, of course. But he is alive and will make it through this. That is the main thing."

Vincent nodded, stressed, tired, and full to the very brim with worry.

"Thank you, thank you all of you, I'm so grateful for your help," he breathed, running a hand over his face and letting go of his tense breath.

Micah patted his shoulder, then helped Niall to his feet.

"You should go now; I can watch over Harry tonight. You are a remarkable angel, and please tell my son that his mother and I are thinking about him every day."

Niall nodded with a weak smile. "Of course. If there's anything else I can do, let me know." He glanced at Liam, who still looked in a state of shock. "Zyaire is doing very well. He is showing signs of controlling his anger more with every passing month."

"I'm so proud of him," Eloise beamed. "Say hello to Arzhel from us, won't you?"

"Yes." Niall struggled to hold Shawn in his shaking arms as he said his goodbyes and disappeared back to the Vampire world. The room was silent, but in no way did it feel comforting.

"I'm going to sit with Will until he wakes up." Vincent  made his way to the door, and Liam took his hand and walked with him up the stairs.

Zayn watched his parents, and they watched him in return, speechless and unable to say anything that would make the situation okay.

While they were operating on Harry, Eloise and Lilith cleared the glass and got rid of the Olivia and the driver's body, though it wasn't clear who the dirt bike driver was. Ares will make it his job to find out, and get revenge. It has been a long time since humans attacked their family.

"Let's make everyone food and drink. It's going to be a long night," Eirene said, wrapping an arm around Zayn and an arm around her husband.

"Thank goodness we were not home. It would have been a lot worse than just bullets to Harry's leg."

"I know. I don't even want to think about that."

Zayn shook his head, feeling like he was in a nightmare.

His pack, his parent's pack, and Vincent's pack guarded their home from all angles, making sure nobody else could attack them.

Vincent slowly pushed the door open, and saw Louis  sitting next to his son, studying Harry's face with a pained frown. He and Liam sneaked in and sat on chairs next to the bed. Louis  looked up, but he didn't seem present. The Beta wolf was showing a side to him which nobody had seen, apart from Zayn. Louis 's sorrow is incredibly buried down, and he always saw the good side of any situation, but now he looked completely and utterly defeated.