10✯

As soon as Zayn woke, a burst of passion rushed through him when he watched Liam sleeping.

Quietly, the werewolf climbed out of bed and asked Micah, who stood in the corridor, if his parents were up. It was only 7:30 in the morning, but for as long as Zayn could remember, his parents have been early risers.

"Yes, they are in the kitchen from what I can hear," Micah smiled.

Zayn could hear nothing but Liam's slow breathing as he walked down the stairs until he heard his mother's laughter.

The day was going to be hot as the morning sun had already heated up the tiles in the kitchen.

"Hey" Ares greeted his son with a smile and the smell of bacon. "You're up early."

"Yeah." Zayn sat on the stool with a sigh. "I have something to ask."

Eirene turned with knowing eyes. She examined him before leaning against the counter. Her hair fell from her ear, and Ares stood behind her, running his fingers through it.

"You're going into heat," she said, "and you're worried about it."

"Well, I wouldn't say I'm worried. I just want to know how strong it will be. Is it different to usual?I haven't been through heat with a mate."

Ares sat down, and his face turned serious. Zayn hated his thinking stare.

"I understand that you have only just marked Liam, so I can imagine he's not used to having an intimate relationship with someone just yet."

Ares tapped his chin with thought. "This isn't going to be easy for you, or Liam. I don't think he'll feel it yet because he has only just found his inner wolf, but I don't want him to feel pressured to satisfy your needs, and I'm sure you don't want that either"

"I don't, that's what I'm concerned about."

"You can control it, but just let Liam know that you'll have to be a little more loving for a week."

"A little more loving? Are you kidding? It hasn't even started yet, and it feels so strong."

"You're just not used to going through heat with a mate, you'll get used to it throughout the years, and Liam will eventually feel it too, which will be easier for both of you," Ares reassured him.

"The first one will be hard, but you have enough self-control to get through it." His voice had turned stern, and Zayn felt a little offended.

"Of course I have the self-control. I wouldn't put Liam into such a horrible situation." Zayn crossed his arms and stared out of the window, watching magpies land on the grass and poke their beaks into the ground.

"I know you wouldn't Zayn; I'm just warning you about how tough it might be, okay?" Ares asked and placed a bacon sandwich in front of him.

"Eat because today we are finding you a pack."

Zayn spun in his chair, trying to hide his shock. "What? I don't want a new pack yet."

"You are the son of an Alpha who rules a city, you can't have no pack for any longer, it's not safe or good for your reputation."

Zayn stood and pushed his breakfast aside. "I'm not ready for a pack," he said, slow and angry.

Ares stepped out of his son's way as Zayn slid the garden door open and disappeared into the garden.

"It's too soon" Eirene sighed. "His mental scars still haven't healed!"

Liam rubbed his eyes and climbed out of bed. He had been listening to their conversation from the bedroom. His hearing had sharpened to the point where he could listen to anyone speak, no matter where they were in the house. Liam could control it straight away, so he could choose when to switch it on and off.