32✯

A month later, Harry was getting stronger as the days went by. Sometimes, he could even hop himself to the bathroom, though it did hurt his injured leg, and Louis was almost always around to help him with his struggles. Harry's leg was healing well, but just as predicted, the strength wasn't coming back like usual. It felt weak and trembled when he tried to put weight on it, then crumbled underneath him.

Today, he starts physio in hopes of regaining a little bit of strength, enough that he will start walking with crutches and then a walking stick when he is confident enough.

The idea of walking with a stick for the rest of his life was far from comforting, but a price Harry would pay countless times to save Louis.

He sat on the edge of the bed, waiting for Louis to finish cleaning his own room. Harry still hadn't set foot in the Beta wolf's territory, but he felt well enough to make the switch.

Over the weeks, the boys grew comfortable with their bond and familiar with spending every spare second together.

Zayn gave Louis a few weeks off from the pack to spend as much time as he needed with Harry, knowing that it can be tough for a mate to cope if their better half is injured, especially if they are a new couple.

Moments later. Louis entered Harry's bedroom, a little out of breath.

"It was really messy," he chuckled, sitting next to his mate and holding his waist so he could help the human stand. "You can finally see the floor."

"You didn't have to tidy it you know," Harry chuckled, managing to limp down the corridor with the help of the Beta wolf.

"I did because you need a clear path to move around and it'll soon be our room, not just mine. It's a little inconsiderate to keep it messy."

Harry nodded, sneaking a peek at his lips, loving how Lou's smile softened his eyes.

"The last time I entered your room, I was drunk, and you kicked me out," he said with humour.

"That was your fault," Louis replied, stopping outside his bedroom and letting Harry lean against the door frame. "I won't kick you out again, I promise."

"I hope not." Harry held the door frame while Louis entered his room and stopped to watch his mate's feet. "Are you ready? Can I come in?"

"Yes," Louis breathed, trying to control his heart. Harry took a moment, then hopped from the carpet onto the wood, and Louis got so excited that he changed into his wolf, howling with delight.

Harry laughed as Louis brushed himself against him, then flopped onto the floor and started rolling around, mixing his scent with his mates.

"This is the best day ever" Louis thought.

"Can you take me over to your bed? I can't stand for much longer." Harry was like a flamingo, patiently perched on one leg.

Louis changed into his human form and swooped Harry up in his arms, grinning as wide as possible.

When Harry sat on his unmade bed, Louis turned into his wolf again, unable to keep it back.

He climbed on the bed and nuzzled his nose into Haz's neck, licking his skin, needing his taste.

"Lou!" Harry laughed when the black wolf pushed him onto his back and rubbed their faces together. The human didn't know it would be this stimulating for his mate, though he did expect Louis to be excited, it's his usual state of mind.

Louis changed into his human form once more, breathing heavy with twinkling eyes.

"Sorry, I had a moment."