CHAPTER 69

CHAPTER 69

ELISHA'S POV

Sabay kaming pumasok sa trabaho ni Troye at susunduin korin siya ngayon. I remember what happen last night, i was so happy being with him.

I arrive at the hospital and as i get inside everyone is greeting me naman. They still know me and I'm thankful for that. Sumakay ako ng elevator at papunta sa office niya ng makita ko si Siofra sa information office.

"How are you ha?" She ask me at nakipag beso beso pa ito.

"Good." Sagot ko naman at nakangiti.

"You ba?" I ask and she also smiled.

"Good as ever." She said and we both laugh.

"What are you doing here?" She ask while we're walking.

"Picking up my love of my life." I said and she laugh.

"Guess na okay naman sayo na aalis siya." She said and i got confuse.

"Ha?"

"Troye will be a fellow doctor next year and 3 yrs to become an attending physician." She explained.

"And?" Tsaka kami huminto sa harap ng office niya.

"It usually take 5 to 8 years to become an attending physician. As you can see mabilis ring naging resident doctor si Troye, because he did everything for that to happens. A rich hospital gave him an opportunity to work there for them for only 3 yrs and after that the opportunity to become an attending physician is done." She explained.

"I know Troye is one of the best Doctor here. If someone gave him an opportunity bakit naman ako hahangad?" I said and laugh.

"Because it possible na hindi kayo makapag usap or magkita. Troye will be very busy and he needs to handle many patients and operate 30 to 50 times a day." She said at hindi naman ako makapaniwala.

"Where's Dr. Elsher?" She ask someone.

"He left already."

"Why?" Nagtatakang tanong ni Siofra.

"You know a woman came here. It's my first time seeing her but that woman called Dr. Elsher her son." Bulong nito at pinipilit kong intindihin ang sitwasyon.

When i realized ay nag ring ang phone ko.

"Jed?" Sagot ko.

"Troye's mother is being released for a while. She was discharged on parole because she was dying already. She wanted to apologize to her son and that's her last wish." He explained.

"Why did she became sick?" I ask.

"It's lung cancer. The cancer gor developed because of smoke and alcohol. It was said that she already had it before she came in the prison so i didn't even know about that and she was dying this year. Hindi kolang alam kung kailan." He said.

"She was begging to release her so they did." He added.

"Gaano kalala?" Tanong ko habang nagmamaneho na papunta sa village.

"Stage 4 and it cannot be cured or madala narin sa gamot. Sumuko narin ito at nagmakaawa na makita ang anak niya para makapagpaalam rin." He said and after that i ended the call.

Nagmamadali akong bumaba sa sasakyan at pumunta na sa loob. When i opened it at makapasok sa loob, nakita ko agad si Aydan na yakap ang sarili niya at nakayuko sa sofa. Lumapit ako agad dito at hindi na ako nagulat ng yakapin niya agad ako at wala na akong magawa kundi hawakan nalang ang buhok niya at i comfort siya.

We stayed like that for a minute and i was looking at him na, i was wiping his tears when i realized na may butas pala ang tenga niya sa bandang itaas.

"I didn't know na nagpabutas ka pala." I said.

"It's because of you." He whispered.

"Me?" and he nodded.

"Kylo has it kaya ginaya ko, i didn't know na masakit pala." He said and i laugh.

"Of course." Natatawang sagot ko.

"What did she say?" Tanong ko habang cinocomfort parin siya.

"When i opened the door ay nagulat ako kay sinara ko ulit. I didn't even bother opening it again at naupo nalanh dito sa takot." He explained. So that woman didn't said anything.

"Let's rest na okay?" I said to him and he nodded.

"I'll take a shower first." He said and i nodded.

"I'm always here. I love you, idiot." I said and he kiss me in the forehead.

"I love you forever, my Aurum." That's the first time he said forever to me.

After he entered the bathroom ay pumasok ako sa office/library ni Aydan dito sa bahay. What Siofra said is right.

"Will he accept this opportunity?" I ask myself, knowing the answer ay hindi ko kaya.

Lumabas na ako roon at hindi na pinansin iyon, i was sitting in the sofa while waiting for him. After a while ay lumabas narin siya at lumapit naman ako.

"Are you feeling better na?" I ask worriedly.

"Yes. I'm okay na." He said and i nodded.

"Love?" I called him at humarap naman ito saakin.

"Hm?"

"Siofra explain to me about your opportunity." I said and i know na alam niya ang ibig sabihin ko.

"Will you accept the opportunity?" Tanong ko. Ilang minuto muna siyang nanahimik bago sumagot.

"No. I'm planning to stay here nalang." He answered but i know that's a lie.

"That's good to hear." Nasabi kona lang.

He's lying, when he answered me ay hindi siya tumingin sa mata ko at nag isip pa siya. He's hesitating, if he just told me the truth ay hahayaan ko naman ito.

To be honest, i don't want him to leave but i know how he loves taking care of people. Even though no one cares about him when pursuing med, but he choose to ignore them. That's why i love him so much. This man, I'm so lucky to have him.

Ngayon kolang naisip but,
'a person in two months can make you feel what a person in two years couldn't. Time means nothing, character does.'

My phone beep and Tita Alexia message me. I find it odd kaya tinignan ko agad, while reading her message. I just found myself rushing na pumunta sa hospital. While reading that message, i  can't help but to be scared.

×××

Thank you for reading! Have a nice day!

Kindly vote for my stories and follow me <'3

×××

𝐓𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫: @𝐠𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐟𝐢𝐞𝐝_𝐦𝐞
𝐈𝐧𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐦: @𝐠𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐟𝐢𝐞𝐝_𝐦𝐞