24.

8 x 4 What Is It About Men

Alex, Cassandra and Jackson are sitting in April's offices talking and eating when Richard walks in

" Hey, Have you heard about anything big coming in today, like a car accident or a building collapse?" Richard asks as he enters the room.

" Chief, Are you trolling for cases?" Cassandra asks as she laughs a little.

" Babe, Don't you have a laminectomy with Shepherd today?" Jackson asks, looking over at Cassandra.

" Yeah, but that's boring." Cassandra says eating her fruit salad.

" No, don't you have it like now?" Jackson says pointing at the clock. " Like right now?"

" Damn it." Cassandra says as she hurries up and out of the office. " He's gonna kill me."

Cassandra runs up to the O.R floor and scrubs in, before entering the O.R where Derek already started the surgery.

" You started? I was supposed to be the lead surgeon on this case." Cassandra says as she enters the O.R and gets gowned and gloved.

" You forfeited the right to take the lead when showing up 20 minutes late." Derek says looking down at what he's doing. " And you told me on several occasions to treat you like all my other residents. Dr Warren, when you were a fifth year were you late to surgery?"

" Are you kidding?" Ben says, looking at Cassandra.

" He's a professional." Derek says as he looks over to Cassandra.

" And respectful to my O.R staff." Ben continues.

" Of your attendings." Derek says.

" Definitely my attendings." Ben answers.

" I'm sorry I was on a phone call with mom, It is her birthday after all." Cassandra says looking at Derek. " Couldn't really hang up cause she was sad that her son, her only son, hadn't called yet."

" Why don't you come in and finish up, then." Derek says looking over at Cassandra with a bit of panic in his eyes.

" Thanks." Cassandra says as she takes over with a smile. " Can I get the Kerrison Rongeur?"

_____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____

After a mass casualty comes in, Mark, Derek, Jackson and Cassandra are in Trauma room with a patient who's lost his ear and complains of neck pain. As they talk with the patient about the ear. Mark continually interrupts Jackson, making Cassandra roll her eyes knowing Mark is just being an older brother not giving Jackson a chance.

" Can you feel this?" Cassandra asks as she uses a pen to see if the man has any sense in his legs.

" No." The man answered.