28.

8 x 12 Hope for the Hopeless

Cassandra drinks her coffee when Jackson kisses her on the cheek before sitting down next to her. Meanwhile Meredith starts to write something on Zola's birthday cake but she screws up and tries to scrap the frosting off.

" Gag Zola?" Jackson says before eating some of his cereal.

" Those aren't G's, they are Y's for Yay. Yay Zola" Meredith says, a bit stressed.

" See, A normal person would've just written happy birthday." Jackson says.

" Well, I couldn't fit all those letters on the cake." Meredith defends herself with.

" OK, Who used up the last of my deodorant?" April asks as she walks into the kitchen immidgently looking at Cassandra.

" No, I have my own." Cassandra says before looking over at the strange woman at the fridge.

" Oh, that might have been me. Sorry, Kinda had a workout last night." The stranger says.

" Coffee." Alex says, tired as she walks into the kitchen and over to the coffee maker.

" We're out, Sorry." Cassandra says, as she takes the last sip of her coffee.

" Wait, N-no. That's impossible. I bought some like three days ago." April says.

" You're out of OJ too." The strange woman says.

" Hey, You're still here?" Alex says when he notices the woman he brought over the night before.

" Oh, Yeah. I was on my way out, and then I saw these cute checks." The woman says and walks towards Zola.

" Oh, We don't touch the baby. Because we don't know where those hands have been." Cassandra says as she hurries and picks Zola up before the woman has a chance to touch the baby.

" Alex dose." April says as she chuckles a little.

" My meeting with Owen, I'm already late." Meredith says as she looks at the watch.

" Take my car, I'll take Zola and drop her off at daycare." Cassandra says smiling at Meredith. " Auntie Cassie to the rescue."

" Thank you, Just don't forget the party is at 8:00. Don't be late." Meredith says before running out the door. " Bye Zola."

" I got 20 minutes before work, Do you wanna?" Alex asks the woman before they run back upstairs followed by April who needs to shower.

" We have to move out." Cassandra sighs as she grabs something from the fridge still holding Zola.

" Do we?" Jackson asks, looking over at Cassandra.

" Yeah, We are living with my brother, his wife, their baby plus like 5 other roommates." Cassandra says as she closes the fridge again and turns around to Jackson with a told you so face.