" Peculiar "

love alarm Au | bada lee x reader
word count: 7.2k
warnings: heavy angst, bullying, injury, and slight cursing

summary: everything was perfect, until you stopped ringing her alarm.

—————————————————————————

Everywhere she went, her phone was bound to ring. She had caught the hearts of anyone she'd walked past. Whether it was just a simple glance or seeing her on their phone, she was simply attractive. She was one of the hottest celebrities at the time.

Bada Lee was her name.

She was a famous choreographer and a global girl crush. Bada gained her popularity from her winnings on the Street Women Fighter and her family name. Many found her dancing addictive and alluring to watch. She easily rose to fame within weeks.

With that, everywhere she went her Love Alarm rang. So, her phone was never left silent. There was always someone who liked her within a 10-meter radius. Many people would find it annoying but she didn't mind.

She was dating another fellow choreographer by the name of Howl. The two of them were known as one of the most iconic couples. Many people were envious of the couple.

But what they didn't know was that she never rang Howl's alarm. Even though he always rang hers, there was never a sound on his.

It was simple, her heart belonged to someone else.

Someone from several years ago.

Someone she used to know.

Someone she used to love.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Years ago Bada attended Choongang School, in Jongno-gu, Seoul. It was her first time in a while going to a public school. Since Bada came from a pretty notable family, she mostly attended private school or had a private tutor. Her mother ushered her to be in the public eye more. Well she was forced to go to the school, and she didn't have much of a choice anyway.

Around the same time, Love Alarm had become popular. It was a newly made app that had gained popularity extremely fast. The application made a user link their heart to the app. Through the application, it could notify a user if anyone had romantic feelings for them within a 10-meter radius. If there was someone, a heart would appear on the screen. Along with a loud ping. It was the easiest way to know if someone liked you. Not to mention everyone had it. Although the app did cause harm to some people.

You didn't get the hype for Love Alarm. You honestly found the app kind of stupid. Why couldn't people just tell their crush how they felt naturally, and not use some sort of technology? The app honestly annoyed you.

You weren't one of the more popular girls in the school, you had a smaller group of friends instead. It didn't bother you, but your sister always reminded you of your low status.

Redlic, your sister, was the polar opposite of you. She was popular and was working hard to become a famous dancer. She was glamorous, gorgeous, and everything you weren't.

Like I said before, it didn't bother you much. You had your group of friends. Even if it was just a small group of you. You guys always figured out how to have fun. Whether it be on a budget or not. Your life was simple and you enjoyed every minute of it.

It was fall in Seoul, meaning a new semester of school was approaching. Although you enjoyed your break, you couldn't help but feel excited about the new year. Your sister was however more worried about her appearance and her status, than actually going to school.

Redlic went to dance classes anytime she could, and she practiced the most out of everyone there. She wanted to be famous. For all the glitter, the glamor, and the money. You couldn't deny your sister's talent, but the poor girl was very delusional.