23.

(Y/N) POV.
I woke up, and I was in a bright white room, blinking twice before looking over to the left and saw Ghost and Soap were up and watching the TV as it was on mute. I remember what happened when I saw Soap and Ghost get shot; I blink twice again to see if I am not seeing things, but I wasn't. Ghost looks over and he has his mask still on, but I can tell he was smiling because his eyes shone with glee.

"Hey your up finally." Ghost said and Soap looks over and smiles.

"Hey sleeping beauty." Soap said with his smile.

"Hey." My voice was groggy as I slowly sit up and look over to my right and saw it was snowing outside. "How long I was asleep?" I look back at them.

"For three days." Soap said.

"Yeah plus you needed it. The doctors said you're lucky to be alive again with that wound fully opened." Ghost told me as I nodded.

The door open as Alejandro walked in with Price, Gaz, and Konig behind him. I smile as them as they are in their coats on with hats. While Konig still has his mask on and Gaz has a beanie while Price has his usual hat on and Alejandro has no hat on.

"(Y/N) you're awake!" Gaz said with a smile as I smile at him.

"Hey Gaz..." I said as he walks over and hugs me and I hug him back.

"How you feeling?" Konig asked as I look at him.

"Better."

"Well, you slept for three days straight and we wonder if you ever will wake up." Alejandro said with a chuckle.

"Yeah Soap and Ghost told me." I said with a smile.

"Well, I am glad that you are awake, little one," Price said as he walks over and sits down on the edge of my bed and I smile more at him.

"I'm glad also, dad." I said, as he smiles.

"Well, Christmas is near so what should we do on Christmas?" Soap asked with exited in his voice.

"How about we stay on base for Christmas and enjoy each other while drinking eggnog and enjoy that nice fire?" Ghost said as everyone agreed.

"But first let's get you guys healed up, then we can enjoy Christmas together at the base," Price said as we laughed.

"Knock knock." We turn to the door and saw the doctor standing there with a smile.

"Hello Doc." Price said.

"Hello Price, I see you're awake now (y/n). How are you feeling?" The doctor asked as I smile.

"Better sir." I said as the doctor nodded and walks over.

"That's good. I already check on those two wounds. Now it's time to check on your wound." The doctor pulls down my shirt a bit, and I saw they restitch my wound as it looks better, but it will be a nasty scare later on. "Looking good. I say about by the end of this week you could leave and that goes for you two as well."

"Thank you, doctor." I said as he nodded, then left the room.

"That's good because next week is Christmas!" Gaz said with a chuckled.

"Yeah and I didn't get you guys anything." I said in a joking tone as they all look at me with a smile.

"You are alive is the great gift that we all can ask for." Alejandro said as everyone agreed and I smile and leans back in the bed.

"I asked for the same thing...thank you guys." I said with a tired voice. And close my eyes and slowly fall asleep.

"Get some more rest (y/n)." I heard Ghost's voice as I smile in my sleep.

The week went by quick and we all three got discharged out of the hospital and back at the base where Laswell was with us and setting the place up in Christmas spirit. The boys are doing the Christmas tree while Laswell and I do the decorations with Price. Christmas music was playing in the background as the place was looking more like a Christmas spirit place. After some time, the tree is up with ornaments and the place is full of decorations and a mistletoe was hanging above the door. Everyone was having fun and talking while I stood away from them, watching everyone having fun.

'Now that the Red Room is done and gone, I can finally relax and be free.' I thought to myself and smiles.
Soap POV.

Everybody was having fun till I saw (Y/n) over at the corner by herself just watching us. I smile and walk over to her as she looks at me and smile as I smile back. I stood next to her and lean against the wall and look at everyone that was having a good time.

"So." We both said and we look at each other before laughing.

"So how do you feel as the Red Room is done and over with?" I asked as she sighed and smile.

"I feel great for once. Don't have to worry about the Red Room anymore. Now I can finally relax and live my life." She said and look at me and I felt my heart skipped a beat.

"So you're thinking of settling down?" I asked her as she smiles and shrugs.

"Maybe, I don't know who yet, but yeah, settling down is my next mission." She said, and I nodded.

We stood there in silence as Gaz was laughing in the background at what Alejandro said with the others as they laugh with Gaz. I can't help but smile at them, then look around as I notice that there was another mistletoe above us. I look at her as she was looking up also that she notices the mistletoe as well. She looks at me and I can't help but blush. I lean in and she leans in also and our lips touched as I felt butterflies in my stomach as we share this kiss. I place my hands on her hips while she places her hands on my chest as we deepen the kiss. She pulls away with a blush and smiles up at me and I can't help but smile back at her.

"(Y/n) I..." I was hesitate on what I was going to say. "I am happy for you to be free." I told her as she smiles.

"Thanks." She gave me a kiss on the cheek and join with the others.

What I really want to say is I love you, but I don't know why I didn't maybe next time.

~1069~