Prologue

Lisa's POV

"Is this the girl?" I asked my colleague who was standing next to me, "Yes, that's the girl. You need to question her about a murder." he responded, causing me to deeply inhale as I was nervous. This was my first day on the job. "Right." I said out loud to myself, stepping forward towards the cell that was keeping the girl captive. The girl looked innocent from my point of view, but in her eyes, I could tell she was apart of something evil and wicked. 

She said nothing when I first approached her, grabbing her arm and stood her up from the wooden bench, taking her to the interrogation room. Her handcuffs jangled as she was moving her wrists, making me think that she was uncomfortable with them on, but I didn't say anything. Nothing at all. Once I settled her down at the desk in the interrogation room, adding a chain to her handcuffs so that she couldn't run off anywhere and chained her to the desk leg. Then, I moved over to my chair and sat down in front of her. 

We sat in silence for a couple of minutes, before my colleague gave me a file of the crime scene. Damn...

"Name?" I asked the girl, starting off the interrogation strong.

"June Jasper." June confirmed her full name to me.

"So, June, where were you this morning?" I asked her.

"I was with my girlfriend at the bar." she told me simply. I looked down at the file, sensing a little lie already. "We both know that there's more to that story, June. So, we will start again. Where were you this morning?" I asked her again, lowering my tone as I wanted to get the truth out of her.

June sighed, "Fine, 'detective'. I was with my EX-girlfriend at the bar. She was an dirty alcoholic and I despise alcoholics." she replied, this time she was saying the truth. Her ex-girlfriend was not an alcoholic though, they only went out to get a drink. I decided not to say anything and carried on with the questions. My colleague was watching.

I cleared my throat, grabbing a photograph from the file. 

Placing it down onto the table, I asked June this question;

"That was found at the scene. Do you want to tell me why you had that on your person?" 

June looked at the photograph, "I never had that on me." she told me, causing me to write it down on my notebook...

"I used my teeth." 

"What?"

"I used my teeth." June repeated herself.

I then stood up quickly, backing away from June as she was suddenly trying to break free from the handcuffs. What the fuck? I triggered her how?!

"Out, now! While you are still breathing!" my colleague shouted at me, causing me to quickly rush out. 

A couple of long hours later, I...I was the last one. June...she was a blood sucker. A total freak who started some type of apocalypse. 

I had a feeling that she was different than the other criminals.