Chapter Eighteen - Quiet Silence

// Two more chapters remain. 

Lisa's POV

"Please can you talk to me, babe?" Belle asked me softly, as she was rinsing my hair gently with the shower in the bath tub. I don't know what happened to me, but my brain just refuses to communicate. I just sat there in the pink bloody water, digging myself a deeper hole. I just hoped that somehow June could do a miracle and revive that poor couple. I was so aggressive with them for no reason...

"You are all done now." Belle then told me as she turned off the shower and unplugged the bath tub, letting the water quickly drain away. I stood up carefully, then climbed out of the tub and grabbed the nearest towel, wrapping it around me. I gave Belle a small kiss on the cheek, thanking her at the same time, then went into the bedroom where I laid down and Belle joined me, wrapping her arms around me softly as we began cuddling, just like I wanted. 

"June told me what happened with your...thing. I know this will sound wrong but it's not your fault." she said, trying to get me to speak but my brain told me not to. I only sighed, until June entered the room. I sat up, looking at her with widened eyes. Please be good news...

"Luckily...they weren't too far gone. They responded to my treatment and they are back on their feet. But, they don't remember the relationship that they had. That's the bad news." she told me both good and bad news. My brain then allowed me to finally speak. "Thank you for saving them." I told her, "You don't need to thank me. It had to be done, otherwise they would be after you." she told me back. 

"Who would be after me?" I asked her, "Hunters." she replied. Hunters? What the fuck? She couldn't tell me this earlier? 

"And do you want to know the craziest thing?"

"Tell me."

"That couple was the two leaders of a hunters group. So, in a way...congratulations, Lisa." June decided to congratulate me, while I was in deep shock. I took down two leaders? 

"Do they know that they are one of us?" Belle asked June, "No. They have gone back to their group. Their blood lust will kick into action though. So, we are safe and sound here." she replied. Then, Belle turned to me with a big smile. 

All of a sudden, I was a fucking hero.

How funny.