Chapter 10

Ben held a firm grip on my waist as he escorted me back to our quarters, alarms blaring through speakers and Stormtroopers running through the halls . He had dismissed Ap'lek and Vicrul so they could hunt for the scavenger named Rey. He had given me a short explanation of how her presence aboard the Finalizer was a threat, stating that she is also a Force-user and a powerful one at that.

The door to our quarters slid shut and Ben pulled me to his chest, his arms encircling my waist as he pressed a kiss to the top of my head. He smelled of embers and leather, the aroma drowning my senses and reigniting the desire I felt in the conference room.

"Do you know how long I've wanted to taste those pretty lips, Doctor?"

A smile spread across my face as I lifted my eyes to his.

"Do I know how long I've thought the same about you, Master Ren?"

His face flashed the slightest shade of red before he crashed his lips into mine. His tongue grazed my lips, asking for entrance. I gladly allowed it, swirling my tongue with his own, running hands through his hair while he pulled our bodies closer together. Ben slowed the kiss, eventually pulling away as he attempted to even his breathing. My own breathing had become erratic, and I was struggling to keep hold on my sanity with him this close to me.

"I need you to stay here while I try to find the scavenger. She is strong in the Force and dangerous. I don't want anything to happen to you, especially if she has that damned traitor, FN-2187, with her."

I huffed, annoyed. I might not have great control over my Force abilities, but I could wield a weapon. But, of course, I am confined to our rooms like a princess locked away in a tower.

"Mae..." Ben sighed, and I rolled my eyes.

"Fine." I said, running my hands up his chest before clasping them around his neck. "But if she somehow makes her way into our quarters, I cannot promise that I won't retaliate."

He chuckled, "I wouldn't expect anything less from you."

"What does she want anyway?" I asked.

He eyed me, seemingly weighing his decision before letting me know what exactly was going on.

"Come with me."

Ben led me through his bedroom, past his closet, and to a door at the far end of the room. He removed his glove and laid his hand on a scanner and the door opened. Ben replaced his glove as I followed him into the room.

In the middle of the room was a distorted mask on a stand. I'd have to ask him about that later. Ben went to the left side of the room and punched in a code on the keypad, causing the wall to open and a container to come into view. It looked like a solid black cube. He removed it and sat on the step, motioning for me to join him.

He waved a hand over the box and the top disintegrated. Two crystals hovered above it. One was a ruby red in a distorted hexagonal shape, the other was golden yellow and looked like a crown with a point on one end in the shape of a diamond. The stones lit up the room and I couldn't help but stare in awe. I felt drawn to it like a magnet. I wanted to touch them, but I refrained from doing so.

"What are they?" I asked, leaning in to get a better look.

"They are lightsaber crystals."

Lightsaber crystals. I remembered the conversation with Ap'lek about Ben's lightsaber.

"Why does she want them?"

He sighed. "The red crystal is called a Qixoni crystal. It is exceptionally rare and when utilized in a lightsaber, it enhances the user's Force ability and creates an unmatched powerful blade. The yellow crystal is called a Solari crystal. It is the most powerful crystal, and this is the last one of its kind. The Qixoni cannot be used by anybody other than a Dark Side user. The Solari, however, has to be utilized by a Light Side user and they can never stray from that path," he explained. I had a thousand questions, but now was not the time. I knew he was in a hurry to find her before something happened.