Alternative Ending I.

Alternative To Epilogue I.

Two years later.

Reece's P.O.V:

''So...''

''Do you want to go shopping today Reece?''

''Or, we could go to the beach.''

''Or have a picnic?''

The girls bombard me with suggestions and questions as soon as I step foot in the kitchen. I glance at the clock. Midday. I should've gotten up earlier.

''Um no, I'll just stay here.''

Their downcast faces make me wonder. Maybe they want me out of the house. Maybe they don't like to see me moping around on the two year anniversary of Zayn and I's break up.

I sigh, sliding into a chair, letting it scrape and screech on the floor.

I feel a pair of hands make their way around my waist and I look down and smile at Fi.

''Hey Fi,'' I mumble, pulling her onto my lap. She puts her hands on my face and shakes her head.

I stay still while she grabs my cheeks and pulls them up to form a smile, instead of letting my lips stay in their permanent grimace.

Fi giggles and pokes my cheeks, wanting me to do it on my own.

I haven't been properly happy in ages.

I found out my dad has HIV. I flew back to England – where he'd get better treatment – the day of my first concert.

Nine months after leaving America, Shyla had a baby. It's typical, she had Fi on Christmas Eve. Fi and Lou share the same birthday.

A month after leaving America, and after loads of talking and arguing, my team dropped me. In other words, I got fired.

A year after leaving America, my friends and I formed Romeo's Downfall, which has been a hit with girls and boys worldwide.

After breaking up with Zayn – I told the press he had broken up with me to save his image. I don't know why I did it – my life just went downhill.

But in all honesty, I needed that time to fix myself, to work out what I needed, what I wanted.

I haven't exactly figured it out yet, thanks to me being slow to work things like these out.

''Reece, shall we- ''

I cut Abi off, grinding my chair back and standing up abruptly. ''I'm going for a walk. Thanks for all the offers, but I don't need them. I'll be back soon.''

I set Fi on the floor and rush up to my room, in a hurry – God knows why – to get out of the house.

Getting changed, I notice Romeo's Downfall's first album on my bedside table. It was brilliant writing and recording all the songs, even if it was hard work.

Things have changed and most of all, me.

As I get ready and go downstairs, out of the house and down the path, I ponder.

I don't trust anyone like I did before. I don't trust them as easily as I let myself three years ago.

Loads of things have happened in these two years, I barely remember it all. Nikki and Harry ended up going out, Zayn told Sky where to get off, Dad and Ayla getting married – dear God, help me – Shyla having a baby, Romeo's Downfall making a CD and doing a concert, One Direction touring the world again... I nearly lose count.

All of these things have changed me.

Especially breaking it off with Zayn.

That's definitely changed me.

I blink in the cold and wet rain, spotting an open café. I feel in my pockets for money and then I enter, going to the bar to order a hot chocolate.

I'm not sure if they changed me for better or for worse.

And I don't know if I'll be able to regain the contact I had with the boys. I cut them off – which I maybe shouldn't have done – when I thought they wouldn't want to stay my friend after breaking up with Zayn.

And that's another thing, I don't think I'll ever be able to face or speak to Zayn again.

Ever.

Because I know that he was my first one true love.

And it takes time to get over your first one true love.

Believe me.

And it also takes time to be able to speak to them again, especially if you loved that person so much it hurt.

''Thank you,'' I force a light smile onto my face as I take my cup from the clerk.

I turn around and look up.

''Hey, what took you so long?''

And I stare into the chocolate brown eyes of the person I once fell in love with.

~*~

Alternative ending/epilogue guys!

I hope you like this. :)

You guys can choose whichever epilogue you like best.

So all that's left now is to post the second alternative ending and the acknowledgements and then it really will be over. *le cries*

BUT, I do have other stories on the way.

After I finish Tell Me A Lie and Cold Coffee, I shall be posting The Bucket List. And when I finish He Broke My Heart (Number one in my first series) I'll be posting book two, Long Distance.

So yeah, look forward to that okay? c;

Please vote and comment, it makes my day, seriously.

I love you all,

Amber. <3