Surprise, Surprise!

Time as flown by. We'll soon be going back to school. My summer mission is to finish all three of my stories.  

I think it'll be hard, but I can do it.

Anyway, next chapter! :) Oh, and this story is still based in March, in LA, so you remember. 

I have a few bits planned for quite a few chapters hehe. Some are very good. Like Abi's surprise, which is going to happen in this or the next chapter and some are not so good.

And yes, I know its kind of boring.. I'm working on it!

Nikki's surprise will come soon. I'm trying to figure something out first xD 

ANYWAY, here we go! Vote, comment and fan! :)

Reece's P.O.V:

I'm sipping a hot cup of tea when there's a light knock on the door. I frown and look at the clock. Who else would be up at half eight in the morning?

I pad lightly in my slippers to the front door, careful not to make loads of noise, waking everyone else up. They'll be coming to the studio afterwards.

'Who is it?' I call, whispering when I reach the door. I press my ear up close to it and listen for the reply.

'Me.' A small voice answers.

I turn the handle of the door and let Shyla in.

'What's wrong?' I'm still frowning.

'I couldn't sleep. And Mum is angry with me.' Shyla says, with a sad face.

'Why couldn't you sleep?' I ask, shutting the door and leading her to the sofa.

'There's a party going on in the apartment next to us.'

'Still going on?' I say, incredulously.

Shyla nods and I joke, 'Why didn't you join them?'

'They were much older than me. I saw them when I went out on the balcony.'

'I was joking. And you came on your own?' I instantly think of what happened to Rizo and I.

'Yeah. I took some money from my mum to pay for a cab.'

'Don't ever come on your own again, okay?'

Shyla looks bewildered, 'But I came on my own before.'

'That was in plain daylight and there are loads of kind people out.' I explain.

'I still don't get it...' I think she's half-asleep.

'Look, don't come here when it's late at night or early in the morning because you don't know what crazy people are out there at that time. You could get murdered, rape- '

'Yes, I get it now Reece.'

'And I don't want that. So if you want to come round, call me and I'll go pick you up or get someone I know, like my driver Charlie, to pick you up.'

'No matter what time it is?' she eyes me sceptically.

'Whatever time it is.' I nod.

'Okay. Thanks Reece,' Shyla leans over and hugs me. Then she yawns, 'Sorry.'

'Don't be sorry. Come on, bed time.' I lead her to the bedroom and to my bed, where she curls up like a kitten, after taking her shoes and coat off. I look for an old T-shirt of mine and some short which are too small for me and give them to her to get changed into.