05.

Harmony

I hate this. Being alone with Jude. It's too hard. Everything and I mean everything we see, hear, smell somehow has some of our history attached to it. A memory from our past that seemingly won't disappear. It's like we experienced absolutely everything together.

"Hasn't changed." Jude comments as we walk in.

I stare over at the all too familiar flower section. My mind wondering back to two years ago. When the pair of us were stood in the same position.

I had bugged him for ages on what flowers he wanted for his surprise birthday party he annoyingly found out about. We ended up being here for about two hours, but he was patient and let me have my time picking the flowers until I was finished.

"Harmony?" Jude's voice snaps me out of my daydream. I look over to him, blinking a lot.

"Let's look at the flowers." I say quickly, walking over to the flowers you can buy in bulk, section.

Jude stands closely to me, eyeing down whatever I'm looking at.

"Think these are nice?" I ask holding a bouquet of blue lilies.

"Yeah, I like them." He nods.

"Okay." I nod. Keeping the conversation to a minimum because I'm trying to mentally block out the flashbacks wanting to so desperately occur.

I pick up a few bouquets of the lilies and a few of the white roses I like and then I decide it's enough. I walk to the checkout, Jude following after me.

She scans all items, with a smile.

"Have you two been in here before?" She asks randomly.

I look back at Jude a little who's already looking at me.

"Yes. Ages ago. About two years ago." I explain.

"I knew it! I recognised you guys! Such a lovely couple." She smiles warmly.

I look down at the use of the word couple. The awkwardness that has been around us since reuniting, growing tenfold.

"Thank you." Jude replies. I remain silent. Eyes glued to my shoes.

I can't get out of the florist fast enough. I practically run out once everything is paid for.

"Where to next?" Jude asks as we get back into the car.

"Any party decorations shop so I can get the balloons." I tell to the window.

"Okay." He simply responds starting up the car.

The car rides silent. No music or anything. That is until his phone rings. He looks at it, hesitates for a few minutes which is odd.

He discreetly looks over to me before looking back at his phone. After a lot of thinking, he finally answers it just as it's about to stop ringing.

He connects the phone to the car Bluetooth speaker so it's easier for him to talk as he drives.

"Hey baby." A girl says. Thick Spanish accent. I assume this is his girlfriend.