38.

Jude

I stare at my favourite person in all of existence. Every universe, every lifetime, I'd choose her. Over and over again.

She really is the most beautiful person to walk the earth. And how lucky I am to have her wrapped up in my arms right now. Granted we're in a hospital, but she's alive and well and she loves me as much as I love her. In a weird way feel like I've struck gold.

I smile as a faint frown creeps onto her lips, watch her nuzzle into me more than she already has.

I love her so much.

I place my hand on her hair, start to stroke it soothingly. She always loved when I did that.

She still does. Her frown's exchanged for a content smile. Her dimples peaking through.

I love every part of her.

Now that I've finally got her, I don't want to ever let her go. Don't trust her not to slip away if I let go of her.

Think this near death experience both of us had, has bonded us in a completely new way. We feel more connected than ever. At first my heart just beat for her but now, it's like it only beats when hers does. Like I can feel her heart beating aswell. It's weird but also wonderful and I love being so connected to her because she's the love of my life.

This is it for me. Her.

As far as I'm concerned all the trophies in the world I can win from football don't even compare to me winning her back.

I'm content to retire right now, grow old with her. Two kids running us ragged. Flowers and plants littering the house that I'll complain about but secretly love just because she loves it.

I want it all with her. The good, the bad and the ugly. Feel like I can get through anything as long as she's with me.

She stirs a little as I stare at her. Eyes fluttering open so I'm met with her gorgeous brown eyes. Her eyes are round and soft, how they always are when they look at me which makes me melt.

"Good morning." She smiles tiredly. Looks quite tired today she does. Which is fair seeing as she's in quite a bad way. She can't look effortless all the time. Even though she absolutely can.

"Morning gorgeous." I smile down at the only girl my eyes search for in every room ever.

"Do I still look like shit?" She laughs gruffly as she turns away for a second.

"You've never looked like shit a day in your life, Harmony." Say her full name because I need her to understand that she's the embodiment of perfect.

She laughs her adorable laugh. Eyes look away from me a minute because she's gone all shy which makes her even cuter.

"Suns out." She nods towards the window where the suns leaking through as she rests her head back down on my chest.

I nod. Stare out of the window.

"Not bad for February." I sniff a laugh. February is infamously cold in London.