16.

Jude

This is a joke. It has to be a joke. A practical joke of some kind that the universe is playing on me for god knows what reason.

As if I have to sit at a dinner table while this fucking stranger who popped up from literally no where, sits next to Harmony, my ex girlfriend and flirts with her. And badly at that. Speaking in apparently one of the two languages he knows just to impress her.

He thinks being able to speak Spanish and Italian because he's half Italian and half Dominican is some sort of achievement.

I also hate the way everyone is in love with the fact that he's an architect. So what? He builds shit. I bet the people that built the Roman Empire don't get as much appreciation as he does.

The entire night did not go how I wanted it to. First of all I was hoping Harmony would sit in the passenger seat. Re-live old times. Maybe that would make her warm up to the idea of us being friends or something or we could just get on like old times and not argue as much.

But she didn't. She sat in the back with stupid Rome, giggling and flirting away. I had to hear their silly conversation all the way to the restaurant. That along with Aaliyah flirting with one of his stupid little friends.

If that wasn't bad enough, he swanned in the restaurant as if he was a king, saying hi to all the staff. They all acted as if he was a fucking celebrity. As if I wasn't standing there. The actual celebrity of the group.

I watched as Harmony smiled as he introduced her to his friend that owned the restaurant. He said some cheesy shit about how he was honoured to even be able to bring her to the restaurant. She ate that right up which pissed me off.

All night they talked and laughed and flirted. Getting on like a fucking house on fire. Not even bothering to talk to me the person she's sharing a room with, or her other friends. It was like those two were in their own silly little world.

After a painfully long dinner we all went back to the hotel. Everyone got out of the car walking into the lobby but of course Romeo had to take his time and slowly walk with Harmony so they had their own alone time as if them being glued to each other the entire night wasn't fucking enough.

He took her hand and kissed her goodnight. Something I've done many times and will always do better. Even if I can't actually do it anymore.

She was all shy, looking around trying to hide her pretty smile.

He finally left with his silly friends leaving all of us alone. The way it should have been from the beginning.

I thought maybe we could talk then. But no. She wouldn't shut up about him. She still won't. We're in the room now, still sharing and she's on a group FaceTime call to Chloe and Aaliyah who she saw minutes ago, speaking about Rome and how cute he is.

It's making me sick.

I've tried blasting music. Future to be specific because his mindset is what I need to adapt if I'm going to get through this. But it doesn't work. I can still hear everything because she's being so loud.

"Can you stop shouting." I snap pulling my AirPods out. Looking over at her from the bed. She's laying down on the couch, staring at her phone that's in front of her face.