47.

Harmony

"Hey." Smile over at Jude as he walks into the kitchen.

"Hi, what's all this?" He slips an arm around my waist, kissing the side of my head before he looks at the set table.

"Just thought I'd make you breakfast for your first game back." I shrug, moving out of his hold to the table.

Place down the fruit salad I made and gesture for my fiancé to sit down.

"Oh!" He raises an eyebrow with a small little grin on his lips as he takes a seat.

"Is this what I have to look forward to once I marry you?" He questions tauntingly.

I roll my eyes.

"I've cooked for you before you idiot." I laugh

"Yeah like three years ago." He says and I flip him off because he's annoying.

"You're lucky I'm even here right now." I scoff. Crossing my arms over my chest.

"Is that an accident joke?" He tilts his head.

"Yes indeed it is." I smile smugly. Chosen to make light of the accident rather than get sad about it.

"Stop that." Reaches out and pinches my cheek so I swat his hands away.

"Fuck off!" I laugh

"Nearly did for good and you were distraught." He teases

I frown at him.

"Don't joke about that."

"You do!" He points a finger at me.

"Yes well I'm allowed. You're not. I was incredibly worried about you." Turn away from him.

He reaches out, pulls my arms so they're no longer crossed and then reaches out, picking me up with ease and placing me on his lap.

Out of second nature I place my arms around his neck. Stare down at him. He's so pretty. Unfairly so.

"Like I wasn't ready to burn down the world just to get to you." He laughs softly, reaches out and pushes my hair behind my ear.

Stare down at him and smile. He makes me so happy.

"Point taken. We may both joke about it." I shrug trying to be nonchalant and not smile as he stares into my eyes like I'm the only person he's ever seen.

He just laughs me off, leans up and kisses me gently.

"Thank you for breakfast, it looks lovely." He places his hands around my waist.

"You're welcome, husband." Nudge him playfully.

"How are you feeling about today?" Trace his strong jawline with my fingers.

"Yeah, alright."

I duck my head so he can meet my eyes. Raise an eyebrow because I know him extremely well. He ain't fooling me into thinking he's fine.