Chapter 1

A brunette-haired boy looks out of a window while a tailor is taking his measurements.
"How is it possible that you're going to be crowned king next month? You're just a baby!" Beast, King of Auradon, exclaims.
"He's turning 16, dear," says his wife, Belle.
"16? That's far too young to be crowned king," Beast continues. "I didn't make a good decision until I was at least 42."
"Uh, you decided to marry me at 28," Belle scoffs.
"Ah, it was either you or a teapot," Beast jokes. "Kidding," he quickly adds after seeing the look on his wife's face.
"Mom, dad..." their son, Ben starts. "I've chosen my first official proclamation. I've decided that the children on the Isle of the Lost be given a chance... to live here in Auradon." Belle and Beast share shocked expressions.
"Every time I look out to the island, I feel like they've been abandoned," Ben continues.
"The children of our sworn enemies, living among us?" Beast asks, in a slightly harsh tone.
"We start with a few at first, only the ones who need our help the most. I've already chosen them," Ben says.
"Have you?" Beast says, anger rising in his voice now.
"I gave you a second chance. Who are their parents?" Belle asks, encouraging Ben to continue.
Cruella De Vil... Mad Hatter... Jafar... Evil Queen... and Maleficent." Ben states. The tailor lets out a shocked gasp.
"Maleficent! She is the worst villain in the land!" Beast yells.
"Dad, just hear me out!" Ben pleads.
"I won't hear of it. They are guilty of unspeakable crimes."
"Dad, their children are innocent. Don't you think they deserve a shot at a normal life? Dad?"
"I suppose their children are innocent," Beast says, somewhat convinced.
"Well, well done. Shall we?" Belle adds.
Ben looks out the window again, this time wondering about the VKs who will soon come to Auradon.