Chapter 14

A week passes by until it's finally the day of the coronation. Ever since family day, Carlos hasn't been himself and stopped talking to anyone that much. The truth was, he missed y/n, who completely stopped talking to him and just ignored him or ran away when he walked by. The more she did this, the more hurt Carlos felt. Finally, he decided it was best to talk to her before the coronation, even if it might mean what he thinks it does. Reluctantly, after he's done getting ready for the coronation, he makes his way to y/n's dorm.

"Come on y/n, we're gonna be late!" Evie calls as she and Mal finish getting dressed and start to head out.
"I'll be there in a second," Y/n says, and Evie and Mal disappear from her sight. She grabs her purse and heads out of their dorm, quickly locking the door, but before she can turn around, a soft voice speaks from behind her.
"Y/n."
She doesn't need to ask who it is, because she already knows. Slowly, she turns on the spot, only to see Carlos' face looking sad and sulky. She wishes she didn't have to do this, but for the first time in her life, she felt as though her fear was controlling her.
"Carlos-" she practically whispers, but he quickly cuts her off.
"Why are doing this y/n? Why do you keep ignoring me? Am I really that unimportant to you?" He says, tears forming in his soft dark brown eyes.
"Carlos, I'm sorry, but please try to understand."
"Understand what exactly? Why you keep running away whenever you see me? Why you never want to talk to me? I'm your boyfriend, so why are treating me like this?"
"Carlos, you don't get it!" Y/n says, on the verge of tears. "My entire life was spent with just my father and you guys. You, Mal, Evie, and Jay were the only family I had, and he was my only parent. I knew he always loved me, no matter what, and I was always so scared of losing the close bond we had. When he found out about us, I've never seen him that mad. I don't want to disappoint him and lose my only parent. So please, don't make me feel worse than I already do." A small tear rolls down her cheek as she says this.
"Please don't say what I think you're going to," he says with pleading eyes.
"Let's just focus on getting the wand and getting out of here," she says sadly and walks past him. He stares at her sadly as she slowly disappears from his view, dreading what will happen after the coronation.

"At last, here we are, broadcasting live from the coronation where Prince Benjamin will soon be crowned king! I'm Snow White, bringing you up to the second coverage of who's the fairest of them all," says Snow White through the villains' TV while holding a microphone.
""I'm Snow White." Who are you kidding? She's definitely had work done," Evil Queen laughs.
"Oh, Fairy Godmother is looking radiant. But what is happening with Jane's hair? And there is Fairy Godmother's wand," Snow White continues.
"I want that wand!" Maleficent exclaims.
"Do you? Hadn't heard," Cruella says sarcastically.
"Oh, and here comes Ben now," says Snow White.
"Don't be nervous. All you have to do is sit there and look beautiful. No problem there," Ben smiles at Mal as a carriage pulls them to the castle.
"Thank you," Mal says.
"Mal, would you wear my ring?" Ben asks while holding out the ring.
"Um... not now. I think it would probably just fall right off of me," Mal jokes nervously. "I have something for you."
"For me?"
"Yeah. It's just for later, you know when you need strength. Some carbs to keep up your energy," Mal says and hands him a box. Inside it is a brownie which is the anti-love potion she made.
"Always thinking. But I can't wait," Ben says and takes a huge bite out of it.
"No!" Mal exclaims.
"Mm. Mm... Mm! This is really good."
"Uh, do you..." Mal starts.
"Mal?"
"Do you feel okay?" She asks.
"You bet," he smiles.
"Would you say that you're still in... that... that you have very strong feelings for me?" She continues nervously.
"I'm not sure. I mean, let's give the anti-love potion a few minutes to take effect," Ben casually says.
"Yeah... Okay. What? What? You knew?" Mal says, surprised.
"That you spelled me? Yeah. Yeah, I knew."
"I'm... I can explain myself."
"No, look, It's fine. I mean, you had a crush on me. I was with Audrey. You didn't trust that it could happen on its own. Am I right?" He asks.
"Yes. You're so right," Mal says, relieved. "So, then, how long have you known?"
"Since our first date. Your spell washed away in the Enchanted Lake," he replies.
"So then what? You've just been... faking it since then?" She asks, looking slightly sad.
Ben slips the ring on her finger and gently kisses it. "I haven't been faking anything."
"Well, if it isn't..." Evil Queen starts back at the Isle of the Lost.
"My daughter. Looking like some kind of..." Maleficent continues.
"Princess!" Snow White finishes theatrically. "Now, let's see who this beauty is wearing. Evie," she reads out.
"Evie! That's my dau... Evie!" Evil Queen says, clearly proud of her daughter.
"Someone named Evie designed her gown," Snow White says simply.
"That's my daughter!" Evil Queen exclaims again.
"Oh, wow. She sewed a dress. Meanwhile, my girl duped a prince, and she's this close to grabbing the magic wand," Maleficent brags.
"Bitter, party of one. Bitter, party of one," Evie Queen retorts.
"It's happening, people! It's happening! I say, gird your loins! Gird your loins! Villains, our revenge begins today," Maleficent declares as they see Mal at the entrance of the castle.
"About the other day, I just..." Mal says to Belle and Beast.
"I told Ben this wasn't going to be easy," Beast says.
"You also taught me that a king has to believe in himself. Even when it isn't easy," Ben states.
"I did? I... how very wise of me," Beast says, slightly confused.
"Ben, we are very proud of you. You keep listening to your heart," Belle smiles at her son.
"Thanks, mom," he smiles back.
"You're gonna make a fine king," Beast also smiles at Ben.
"Wish me luck," Ben says, and he and Mal enter the castle and walk up to Fairy Godmother, who takes out her wand.
"Don't blow it, kiddo," Maleficent says to herself.
"Do you solemnly swear to govern the peoples of Auradon with justice and mercy as long as you shall reign?" Fairy Godmother asks Ben.
"Oh, grab the thing already!" Maleficent continues.
"I do solemnly swear," Ben replies.
"Then it is my honour and my joy to bless our new king," Fairy Godmother says with a smile. Suddenly, someone snatches the wand out of her hand and points it at the sky.
"Child, what are you doing?!" Fairy Godmother cries.
"If you won't make me beautiful, I'll do it myself! Bibbidi-bobbidi-boo!" Jane says, making sparks fly from the wand, and unknowingly breaking the barrier between Auradon and the Isle.
"Yes! The barrier is broken! We're free!" Maleficent exclaims and grabs her sceptre.
"Take cover!" Beast yells.
"Careful, Mal!" Belle adds as Mal snatches the wand from Jane's grip.
"Mal, give me the wand," Ben says.
"Stand back," Mal says firmly.
"It's okay."
"Ben, I said stand back!" She screams, clutching the wand tightly.
"I told you so!" Audrey says, and Mal points the wand at her, frightening everyone.
"Let's go!" Says Carlos, appearing behind her.
"Revenge time," Jay says, standing next to him. Soon enough, Evie and y/n also join their friends now that they have successfully stolen the wand.
"You really want to do this?" Ben asks seriously.
"We have no choice, Ben!" Mal exclaims. "Our parents..."
"Your parents made their choice. Now you make yours," he says.
"I think I want to be good," Mal says softly.
"You are good," he says convincingly.
"How do you know that?" She screams.
"Because... because I'm listening to my heart," he says.
"I want to listen to my heart, too," Mal says after a moment of realisation. "And my heart is telling me that we are not our parents. I mean, stealing things doesn't make you happy. Tourney and victory pizza with the team makes you happy," Mal says to Jay.
"And you, scratching dude's belly and being with y/n makes you happy. Who would've thought?" She says while pointing at Carlos.
"Y/n, you and I both know that you don't enjoy making people go crazy. You enjoy helping people and spreading kindness, and most importantly, spending time with Carlos." Y/n gives a small smile when she says this.
"And Evie... you do not have to play dumb to get a guy. You are so smart," Mal says with teary eyes.
"And I don't want to take over the world with evil. It doesn't make me happy. I want to go to school. And be with Ben. Because Ben makes me really happy," she says while holding up her hand to show him the ring on her finger. "Us being friends makes me really happy. Not destroying things. I choose good, you guys." Mal puts her fist in front of them.
"I choose good, too," Jay says, putting his fist in the circle too.
"I choose good," Evie adds her fist.
"So, just to be clear, we don't have to be worried about how really mad our parents will be? Because they're gonna be really, really mad," Carlos laughs.
"Your parents can't reach you here," Ben smiles.
"Okay, then. Good," he says and joins his fist with the others. They realise that y/n is the only one who didn't agree to being good.
"Y/n?" Mal says, fearful that her friend doesn't want to join them.
After a few seconds, y/n looks at her friends and smiles. "Good," she says and joins her fist with the others. She smiles at Carlos, and he smiles back, knowing that they will be all right.
"Come on," Mal pulls Ben's hand in, and they all laugh together.
"Y/n-" Carlos starts, but is interrupted by a loud noise and a very familiar voice.
"I'm back!" Maleficent smiles.