Chapter 9

Y/n slowly awakes to the sun beaming on her face. Groggily sitting up, she realises that she's in Carlos' room, and that she had fallen asleep in here last night.

"Good morning, sweetheart," a voice whispers from behind her, one she recognises as Carlos'.

"Good morning," she replies softly, turning around and offering him a smile. He leans in and gently kisses her, his lips soft and sweet against hers. "Don't we have to get to class now?" she chuckles, slowly pulling back.

"Today's Cotillion, remember? We don't have any classes today," Carlos replies with a soft smile.

"Oh right! I completely forgot about that! I have to visit Evie, she's gonna be so mad at me, and Jane's gonna need help with setting up the decorations, and-"

"Y/n, relax, you can do that stuff later." He wraps his arm around her waist and pulls her closer to his side.

"But Cotillion is today, and if I don't get it done then-"

Carlos gently puts a finger on her lips, making her instantly go quiet.

"I'm sure you can stay here just for five minutes and cuddle?" he asks with pleading eyes. Y/n sighs playfully and leans on his chest while both his arms snake around her and hold her close to him... for a little longer than five minutes.

*timeskip*

Y/n is in her dorm room with Evie, who is helping her get ready for Cotillion. After what feels like an hour, she's finally done with finishing up the dress.

"Ta-da!" Evie exclaims. "How do you like it, y/n?"

Y/n slowly turns to their full-length mirror, revealing her gorgeous green dress:

(imagine it with less ruffles unless you like it as is)

"I-I love it! Thank you Evie!" she says and hugs her friend.

"My pleasure. Now let's go to Cotillion before we miss the whole thing!"

"Evie, you look beautiful!" a reporter says.

"Thank you so much," Evie replies with a smile.

"Did you design the barrette?" another reporter asks.

"It's beautiful, isn't it?" she says. "Uh, no, it's not my creation. Many of the hair accessories this evening are by a fabulous new designer, 'Dizzy of the Isle'."

"Jane! Y/n! There you two are!" Fairy Godmother calls.

"Hello Fairy Godmother," y/n greets.

"There you are, my dear. Well, everything looks beautiful. But we just need to ladle out the punch before the sherbet melts."

"Got it mom," Jane says.

"Actually, Fairy Godmother, I have a date," y/n smiles.

"A date? Really? Do you have a date, too?" she asks Carlos.