Chapter 10

Seeing Uma attack the people of Auradon, Mal's eyes instantly turn green and she transforms into a ginormous purple dragon and soars into the sky. She blasts flames at Uma, who returns the attack with an enormous splash. Ben notices how much damage they are causing to each other, and lets out a beastly roar before climbing off the railing.

"Ben, no!" Jay exclaims.

"Don't do this Ben!" y/n warns. In return, Ben just smiles at them.

"Hold my crown for me please," he says, handing y/n his crown before jumping into the ocean.

"Ben!"

"Mal, Uma!" Ben shouts at the both of them as loud as he could. "Stop! Back down!"

"What are you gonna do, Ben? Splash me?" Uma cackles.

"That's enough!" Ben says. "It's got to stop! This isn't the answer! The fighting has got to stop! Nobody wins this way! We have to listen and respect each other. It won't be easy, but let's be brave enough to try. Uma, I know you want what is best for the Isle. Help me make a difference." 

Ben looks at Uma with pleading eyes, but in return she hands him the ring he offered her and somberly swims away. A ladder is let down on the side of the boat and Ben climbs back up. Mal lands on the top of the staircase and transforms back into her human form. However, instead of wearing the yellow and blue dress she arrived in, she is wearing a dark purple dress identical to the one in the glass portrait of her.

"There you go. Good job, man," Jay says as he helps Ben back onto the ship.

"So, I did not know that I could do that," Mal chuckles as she approaches Evie and y/n.

"Tell me about it," Evie says.

"That makes three of us," y/n smiles. "Here's your crown, your Majesty," y/n chuckles as Ben walks toward them.

"Thank you," he says with a mock bow. "Shall we?" he asks, offering an extended hand to Mal.

"We shall," she replies, taking his hand.

"I owe you guys so much," Ben says to the VKs as he arrives in the centre of the boat.

"You got that right," Evie says.

"Just a little bit," y/n adds.

"If there is anything that you need, or anything I can do for you..."

"Um, actually, there is, Ben," Evie states. "I know a girl who would really love to come to Auradon. It's Drizella's daughter, Dizzy. She's like a little sister to me."

"Then she should come," Ben says.

"Okay! Okay, great!" Evie smiles.

"Actually, um... Ben, there's a lot of kids who would really love it here in Auradon," y/n adds. "Kids just like us, who also deserve a second chance." She smiles at her friends as she says this. "Can we maybe get you a list?"

"Yes, yes! Absolutely, please."

"Great." y/n and Evie share an excited glance.

"M'lady Mal, we found your spell book below deck. Uma had it," Lumiere informs as he approaches Mal with her spell book in hand.

"Ooh. Um..." Mal takes the book in her hands. "You know, this seems like the kind of thing that belongs in the hands of Fairy Godmother. Fairy Godmother?"

"That's me, thank you," Fairy Godmother makes her way through the crowd.

"Mm-hmm. This belongs in the museum," Mal says, giving it to her.

"It does, yes, and I'm gonna take it."

"Go for it. I'm not gonna be needing it anymore." Mal smiles at Ben, who returns it warmly. She walks toward him, but quickly splashes him with the water on the deck. He splashes her back, and so does everyone else. Soon enough, a small water fight commences, but is dulled down by a soft melody which plays in the background.