Chapter 13

Y/n wakes up slowly, her eyes half-closed. She looks around and realises that she's in Carlos' room.
"Good morning sweetheart," he smiles.
"Good morning," she smiles back. "Umm... how did I get here?"
"Well, you kind of fell asleep last night on the roof and your dorm room was locked so the only place I could bring you to was here. Sorry if you're not comfortable with that," he quickly adds.
"It's okay, and thank you," she says. Carlos kisses her forehead and sits up. She looks at her watch to check the time, a shocked look appearing on her face.
"Oh no, we're gonna be late for class!" she exclaims. She quickly gets off the bed, says, "See you later Carlos!" and heads to her dorm room to get ready.

"Where were you!?" Evie exclaims.
"Long story, I'll explain later."
"You really scared us y/n," Mal says.
"Sorry," y/n apologises.
"It's okay, but come on, we gotta go or we'll be late for class!" Evie says. Together, the three of them head to their first class of the day, which is Remedial Goodness.

The five of them meet in the classroom, and Carlos and y/n sit next to each other while Fairy Godmother makes an announcement.
"Children, excuse me! Um, as you know, uh, this Sunday is family day here at Auradon Prep. And because your parents can't be here due to, uh, distance, we've arranged for a special treat," she says, and motions for them to come to a computer. They walk up to it and see their parents' faces on the screen. Carlos intertwines his hand with y/n's, and they stand next to each other, a little nervous at seeing their parents again.
"I don't see anything, nor do I hear," Maleficent says from the computer. "Is it... is it... is..."
"Press enter," Jafar says.
"Can I please see a remote? Is this thing on? Ugh, It's broken. Ugh! I hate electronic equip... Oh!" Maleficent says when she sees the kids on the screen.
"Evie, It's mommy. Oh! Look how beautiful. Oh, you know what they say, the poison apple doesn't fall far from the tree," Evil Queen says, smiling at her daughter.
"Don't you mean the weeds?" Maleficent retorts.
"Y/n! There you are!" Mad Hatter says with a twinkling smile, but his smile immediately drops when he remembers the other villains are also there. Still, y/n can see the joy in his eyes and she knows he's happy to see her.
"Hi Dad," y/n says, giving her father a small smile.
"Ooh! Who's the old bat?" Cruella exclaims while looking at Fairy Godmother.
"This is Fairy Godmother," Mal says politely.
"Still doing tricks with eggplants?" Maleficent laughs.
"I turned a pumpkin into a beautiful carriage," Fairy Godmother says, taken aback.
"You really couldn't give Cinderella till one A.M.? I mean, really. What, the hamsters had to be back on their little wheels?" Maleficent continues to joke while the other villains laugh with her as well.
"They were mice! They were not... they were mice. They were not..." Fairy Godmother rambles.
"Thank you so much. Thank you," Mal says, keeping her voice polite.
"They were mice," Fairy Godmother says one last time before leaving the children to speak with their parents.
"Hi, Mom," Mal says.
"Mal! I m-m-miss you," Maleficent stammers.
"You children are never far from our thoughts," Jafar adds, but they know he doesn't mean it.
"We can't wait to see you again," Mad Hatter says, this time genuinely, making y/n's smile return.
"I got it," Mal says to her mother.
"How long must Mommy wait to see you?" Maleficent says.
"Um, there's a big coronation coming up. I think sometime probably after... that," Mal replies.
"When?"
"Friday, 10 A.M."
"You sure I can't see you before that? I don't know what I'll do If I don't get my hands on that magic wan... you... you little nugget that I love so much," Maleficent says, trying to sound convincing.
"Yes, I completely understand, mother," Mal sighs.
"Y/n!? Are you holding Carlos' hand!?" The Mad Hatter suddenly shouts, startling y/n. When she looks at him, she sees pure rage in his eyes, something she's never seen before.
"N-no," she mumbles, dropping Carlos' hand. She knows Carlos is also startled by her father's reaction, and Cruella picks up what just happened almost immediately.
"Carlos! Is this true?" She asks with a note of venom in her voice. To everyone's surprise, Carlos takes y/n's hand in his again and stands up to his mother.
"So what if I am!? You've controlled me all my life but you won't this time! I love y/n and I'd do anything for her!" he says. The moment he said that Mad Hatter's eyes were fixed upon him in a deadly gaze. However, y/n stood rooted to the spot, unable to say anything.