Chapter 8

"Oh, what's that? Why no, Audrey, I haven't chosen my queen yet. Why no, Audrey--" Chad Charming says to himself while standing in front of the mirror in Carlos and Jay's dorm room, adorning a fake crown and fur coat. Suddenly, his phone vibrates loudly. "Who could be calling me?" he asks himself. "Ohh! Audrey!" he exclaims once he sees the caller ID. "Audrey!"

Just then, Carlos swings the door open with y/n next to him, and his expression turns from smiling to annoyed once he sees Chad.

"Chad! This is my room, Chad!" he exclaims in disbelief.

"What? Audrey? Yeah. Yeah? Well, yeah. Oh, well, that's wonderful news," he says on the call, completely ignoring Carlos. After Chad hangs up, he turns to him and y/n. "She got a flat tire in Sherwood Forest, and she wants me to go fix it," he states proudly.

"That's six hours away," Carlos says.

"Really? Only six? I'm gonna be there faster than I thought," Chad says giddily. "Mwah!" he adds as he kisses his phone.

"What a weirdo," y/n mutters.

"Hey, I heard that!" he says.

"You were supposed to," she retorts with a sarcastic smile. Chad mutters something incoherently and makes his way to the door when Carlos stops him.

"Ah, ah. My printer, my crown," he says, taking the crown off Chad's head.

"Oh. Yeah, about that, I was j--" Chad tries to explain.

"Right," Carlos replies sarcastically. 

Chad moves past the two of them and leaves the room, running down the hall and screaming, "I'm coming, Audrey!"

"Wow," y/n snickers. "And to think he's Cinderella's son."

"Yeah," Carlos chuckles softly, a small smile on his face. However, it quickly disappears and is replaced with a slight frown.

"Carlos, what's wrong?" y/n asks, noticing his sudden change in expression.

"Nothing, its just-" he sits down on the edge of his bed and takes her hands in his. "I was really worried about you, y/n," he says with a heavy sigh. "I was so scared that I was going to lose you, and I don't think I'd ever forgive myself if I did."

"Carlos, you wouldn't have lost me. We made it out of the isle safely," she says softly.

"But what if I would have? What if we failed to deliver the wand and Uma and her pirate gang threw you and Ben overboard?" he replies, worry creeping into his tone.

"You're never going to lose me, no matter what. I promise." Y/n leans closer to him and softly kisses him. He kisses her back, pulling her to him until they're sitting infront of each other on his bed. Y/n slowly pulls back and whispers, "they weren't gonna throw me overboard anyways, so you didn't need to worry about that."

"What? Why?" Carlos asks, surprised.

"Harry told me they were going to recruit me to their pirate crew or whatever," she says with disgust.

"That's weird, considering they were perfectly fine with throwing the king overboard."

"I know, that's what I thought too, I just decided not to ask."

"Still, I was really worried about you." Carlos pulls y/n into a tight and loving hug, and holds her in his arms while he talks. "Y/n, I want you to know that I love you. I really do. I love you more than anything in this entire universe so losing you would be like losing the world to me." He hugs her tighter, pulling her closer to his chest.

"I love you, too," y/n says quietly. "More than you can imagine."

He chuckles softly and kisses her delicately before laying down on his bed, pulling her with him while keeping his arms tightly wrapped around her. She cuddles closer to him, her eyes slightly drooping.

"You tired?" he asks quietly while gently stroking her hair.

"A little," she replies with a yawn.

"I can't blame you. You were held hostage by pirates, took part in a massive sword fight, and traveled from the Isle of the Lost to Auradon all in one day," Carlos says with a chuckle.

"When you put it like that, it really adds some perspective to the situation," she replies, chuckling as well.

"But seriously," he says, staring into her glittering e/c eyes. "You have no idea how worried about you I was. You really scared me, y/n. I'm begging you, please don't do something like that again, because I don't know what I'd do to myself if I actually lost you."

"I'm sorry," she whispers. "I should have been more careful."

"It's not your fault, you were outnumbered. And besides, if you didn't go after Ben then he would have been all alone in a place that's so foreign to him, which wouldn't have been good."

"Maybe, but the Isle is a risky place, and I should've thought about that, especially now that there are groups of people out there who hate us."

"At least you're here now, and we got out safely. The thing is, y/n, I-I can't lose you," he says, his voice raw with emotion. He wraps his arms tighter around her, burying her face in his chest and resting his head on hers. "You're too precious to me, because you're the only person I would risk anything for. You're my everything, and I would walk to the end of the earth if it meant that you would be safe."

Y/n moves her head to look up at him. "You-you really mean that?" she asks, her eyes filled with sentiment.

"Ever single word," he replies. He slowly brings his lips down to hers, closing the space between them. He kisses her softly yet passionately, and she kisses him back, warmth and affection flooding her body. He pulls back after a few moments and whispers, "I love you so much..."

"I love you so much more," she breathes, resting her head lightly against his chest.

"I find that hard to believe." He curves his arm around her waist and pulls her closer to him, just as he notices her eyes drooping again.

"You're tired," he states.

"A little," she says.

"Please stay here, I don't think I ever want you leaving my sight again," he says softly, the shock of her abduction clearly still affecting him.

"Okay," she smiles, growing more tired with each passing moment and also not wanting to leave Carlos as well.

"Goodnight sweetheart," he says as he kisses the top of her head and pulls the covers over them while gently pulling her closer to him.

"Goodnight, Carlos," she whispers, and feels herself slowly drifting off to sleep, finding comfort in knowing that Carlos is right beside her.