Chapter 7

The VKs head to the end of the ship just as Uma realises that the wand they traded her is a fake. 

"No!" she exclaims. "You do not get to win every time!"

The pirates charge at the VKs just as they get their swords and start fighting one another. Carlos grabs a couple of smoke bombs made by Mal and Evie and starts flinging them in the direction of the pirates, creating a diversion. Lonnie battles a pirate, knocking him off the ship and moving on to another one.

Jay and Carlos advance on Harry and swiftly corner him.

"Nice to see the both of you here," Harry says sarcastically.

"You kidnapped the king and my girlfriend, so we didn't really have a choice," Carlos retorts. 

Another pirate swoops from below, and he and Harry fling their swords at Jay and Carlos, almost defeating them. However, Carlos quickly knocks the pirate's sword out of his hand and throws him onto the lower deck. Jay's sword clashes with Harry's, and after a few minutes of dodging one another's blades, Jay grabs Harry's hook with his sword and holds it up over the water.

"Jay, don't, please," Harry begs, a menacing but scared look in his eyes. Jay just smirks and tosses it into the water, making Harry instantly dive after it.

"Jay, go start the car. I'll meet you guys there," Carlos says, grinning because Harry lost his hook.

"Ben, come on. Go!" Mal says and pulls Ben out of the sword fight between him and Gill.

"Mal's mine!" Uma bellows across the ship, drawing her sword and walking towards Mal.

"Hiya," Harry says, jumping out of the water and in front of Ben with his hook back on his hand, blocking the exit. Y/n briskly lands next to Ben, her sword raised in front of Harry.

"Move, Hook," she orders.

"Hello again, love. Thinking about my offer I hope?" he asks with a lopsided grin. Y/n thrusts her sword at him, almost knocking him off balance.

"Don't call me love ever again," she says through gritted teeth.

"You might change your mind once you accept the offer," he says, his grin growing wider. Suddenly, Carlos arrives next to y/n, his sword also pointing at Harry.

"Ben, go," he says. "Meet Jay at the garage. We'll be there in a few minutes." Ben does as he's told and quickly exits the ship.

"We meet again," Harry says with a sarcastic bow to Carlos.

"Don't, Hook," Carlos says menacingly.

"No need to be so furious. I personally took to it that your girlfriend had a lovely stay here," he smirks.

Before y/n could even move her sword, Carlos lunges at Harry, almost knocking him overboard but keeping him balanced on the railway.

"I warned you," he says through gritted teeth.

"I know you won't push me off. Living in Auradon has made you soft," Harry replies.

"You're right. I won't put you off, but I will do this." 

Carlos pushes him away from the railing and swiftly slices at Harry's arm, creating a huge gash across it. Harry falls to the floor, overcome with pain. However, he quickly scrambles to his feet and thrusts his sword at Carlos, who dodges and fences with him for a few moments before kicking him to the ground.

As Harry is lying on the ground, Carlos bends down and whispers in his ear, "Next time, think twice before messing with my girlfriend." He turns to y/n, worry flooding his face. "Are you okay? Did they hurt you? What happened?" he asks frantically. He's about to bombard her with more questions, but she quickly kisses him and takes his hands and in hers.